Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #61

I switched from Canon Digital Rebel (300D) because the newer Rebels sucked build-wise (I had also used Canon film cameras for the previous decade). I think the DA Limited lenses were also a big influence on my decision, as I like having a compact hiking kit available. I felt the Pentax bodies fit my hands (and brain) much better than Canon. Also, I like not following the crowd.

Last edited by wildboar; 11-05-2007 at 01:09 PM.
11-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Pentax brand was chosen for me at first but the the loyalty was my frugality.
Several years ago in the time of the "disc cameras", I longed to have an SLR to be more creative and my then girlfriend, bought me a K 1000 with the helpful advice of her father.
After collecting a few different lenses and equipment with the Pentax style mounts, I knew that it would be best to continue moving in the Pentax camera family so I could still utilize my accessories.
I bought a ZX -50 in the 90's, broke that sometime later and considered Canons from eBay and other brands but came back to the Pentax getting a ZX-60. That one was damaged as well but I was able to get another K 1000, ZX-50 and ZX-60 off eBay.
My first digital was the little Kodak Easy Share jobber, a gift, before now receiving the K 10 as a gift as well.
11-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My first Pentax was a K1000 used by my entire graphic arts class in high school in the early 90's. I took quite a few pictures with it, all B&W, even did my own senior/self portrait. Didn't own an SLR until '94 though - I bought a used Yashica FX-7. I had two of those until the lens selection really started to die out. Switched to Pentax because of a oft-repeated reason here: best bang for the buck.
I got a ZX-M and used the Adaptall-2 28-70 Tamron lens on it with good success. Then later on I wanted an autofocus camera, I got an *ist 35mm. Then December of last year I finally ran out of slide film, sold both film cameras and bought the K110D.