Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #31
Todd K.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Err, what are you saying, she 'had it coming?' For speaking Spanish?

(And, Todd, I think you're the one proving a point against yourself, here. Someone compares Rush Limbaugh having a 'swelled head' to the villain from Inspector Gadget and you say, 'It's OK when the Right does this stuff, which we do not cause it's really 'The Left' that makes us do this thing, which is awful, that we deny doing while doing more of it.')

People can call for civility and sanity without 'silencing' you.
What?
Please show me where I wrote or even implied that "its OK when the Right does it".
Please show me where I wrorte that left makes the right do anything.

And not that it really matters, the illustration was referring to Mr Big from the bond flick "Live and Let die" not Inspector Gadget.

01-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K. Quote
Cherry picking a few pejoratives used by some conservatives is easy to do.
so you want to agree both are wrong???? Take your time....
01-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What did he say that had anything to do with Becks idiocy?

Look Ma, they did it too?
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
What did he say that had anything to do with Becks idiocy?

Look Ma, they did it too?
I was just pointing out I don't defend stupidity on either side, curious if he could say the same...... I'm pretty sure I know the answer......

01-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #35

QuoteQuote:
The only thing this shooting has brought out is:
1.) Psychotic people and guns do not mix well,
2.) The left will stop at nothing to smear the right. Using a multiple homicide is not even beneath them.
I think we can all agree that when someone kills another (or more) in cold blood/the innocent/etc we can easily label the killer as psychotic because well, what else are they?

That is not the same thing as saying there was no motive such as, but not limited to, americas political discourse.
01-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Cherry picking a few pejoratives used by some conservatives is easy to do.
Yes, it's exceptionally easy... just turn on Fox news and the cherries just pour out of the TV in an avalanche....
01-14-2011, 04:36 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Such pre-trial publicity from those involved in any way with the Judicial System or Government is not allowed in Britain or Canada to name two. Even the Conservatives like O'Reilly are quick to deny "Due Process" and effectively prefer and promote a Lynching!

01-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter

This shooting had nothing to do with Americas political discourse.

Are you 100% certain? Have you talked to the shooter? Do you know him personally?
Or is this the internet equivalent of farting in an elevator?
01-14-2011, 05:51 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Learn more about American Politics at:
http://http://app.response.stratfor.com/e/es.aspx?s=1483&e=176287&elq=919184...f47f0b3f38247f
01-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #40
Veteran Member

The far right pundits, deep down and in private, are thanking God the shooting did not turn out to be directly motivated by their agitations. It could have been, plausibly, and that is the problem here. Of course this truth won't be said and will be denied.
01-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Capslock118 Quote
I think we can all agree that when someone kills another (or more) in cold blood/the innocent/etc we can easily label the killer as psychotic because well, what else are they?

That is not the same thing as saying there was no motive such as, but not limited to, americas political discourse.
This is what people seem to miss. You can seldom say one person is 100% responsible for setting off another as a killer. That is not to say that one bears no responsibility for inspiring a horrendous act. Sometimes the 1% rule Dick Cheney talked about applies--the consequences are so extreme and the benefit from the talk so minimal that you just don't go there.
01-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I'm wondering where the shame is with the right, politicizing this whole thing. Oh I forget: the others started it! This worked in kindergarten, why not now?
01-14-2011, 09:07 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Are you 100% certain? Have you talked to the shooter? Do you know him personally?
Or is this the internet equivalent of farting in an elevator?
Does this same logic hold to everyone else that attributed his actions to Sara Palins' website or does it only hold to those that oppose this line of reasoning? I have not seen a post where you condemn the left for its immediate linking of his actions to a political opponent.
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #44
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Does this same logic hold to everyone else that attributed his actions to Sara Palins' website or does it only hold to those that oppose this line of reasoning? I have not seen a post where you condemn the left for its immediate linking of his actions to a political opponent.
That's because the left has to find some thing, or some one, to blame it on; so it might as well be that. It goes against the liberal creed to blame the criminal for the crime.
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I'm wondering where the shame is with the right, politicizing this whole thing. Oh I forget: the others started it! This worked in kindergarten, why not now?
Nesster, in this case it can actually be shown Sheriff Dumdnik actually did start spewing the crap. In kindergarten it's a he said she said. Here we actually have proof. Or does that matter to liberals in any way shape or form?
Closed Thread