Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Russian Navy dealing with Somalian Pirates

Taken from another forum-
QuoteQuote:
RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALI AN PIRATES

? ???? ???? ????? 300 ??? ???? ?????... - "??? ???? ? ?????????". ????????, ???????.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TruV3sxS9Zw&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
This video tape shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker.

The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.".

All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates. hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers, etc.

That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates.

Usually, they were hung.

I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates.

01-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The only thing I can find about this is a reference to Russians capturing pirates then setting them adrift in an inflatable boat, never to be seen again. Nothing about exploding their ship with them handcuffed to it.

Do you have some reliable source for anything? Or are you just unquestioningly passing along stuff you found on the internet?
01-12-2011, 06:13 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Or are you just unquestioningly passing along stuff you found on the internet?
Which, of course, never happens on this forum.
01-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Fortunately for most of the pirates, this is a international effort so the various parties are usually not allowed to be extremely effective in case of public backlash. Politicians telling the armed forces what they cant or cannot do usually is bad news for the troops.

Supposing it was only China alone, they would have just sent their 1 million infantry to practice what they preach. It will end very very badly for the somali if they think that China politics are same as American politics.

If it was just the russians alone, a somali city would likely be carpet bombed off the face of the map with every pirate attack...which gives the somali a huge incentive to stop piracy on their own.

01-12-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I must admit that what raised my antenna was not the idea the Russians would kill the pirates but that they would waste perfectly good handcuffs.
01-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I dont read russian but it came from the link i posted in the quote on my first post, maybe someone does and can translate?
01-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Not necessary. It must be true....you read it on the Internet, after all.

01-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Not necessary. It must be true....you read it on the Internet, after all.
I never said it was true, hence why my post was in quote.
Make of it as you will.
01-13-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I love how the Russians handle things

Someone blows up an apartment block, they flatten Chechnya.

Someone fires off a few round, the Russians tear into Georgia

I'm just disappointed the Russians didn't help their Serb brothers in Kosovo.
01-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote

I'm just disappointed the Russians didn't help their Serb brothers in Kosovo.
Yup, nothing like a good old ethnic cleansing to start the day.
Apparently the Russians know when something is morally wrong.
01-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

The Serbs were in the right defending the territory being stolen from them.

And no the Russians couldn't risk sparking off a major war.

What the Serbs did is no different than what the Russians did in Chechnya, only difference is nobody is going to interfere in internal Russian matters.
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

i saw this about a month ago..

I doubt they blew the ship up along with the pirates, then again, that is not out of the question. I mean, who is going to double check?

best part:

"do you have any grenades?"
01-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
The Serbs were in the right defending the territory being stolen from them.

And they were in the right raping women and murdering pretty much an entire population?
I'm just absolutely in awe of your thought process.
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #14
Inactive Account

I am amazed that these a holes are still doing this with all the nations navys etc

I wonder if the Russians will be taken to court for disrupting a Somali cruise ship, shooting one in the ass without reading them his Miranda rights and recieving complaints of inhumane treatment by asking them for papers. Maybe those short AK 47s were just fishing poles. Perhaps the Russian Navy should be asked to clean up this area. They seem to know how to do it.

Just maybe catch and release doesn't work well unless you are trying to increase the population of fish.
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Phil1 Quote
I am amazed that these a holes are still doing this with all the nations navys etc

I wonder if the Russians will be taken to court for disrupting a Somali cruise ship, shooting one in the ass without reading them his Miranda rights and recieving complaints of inhumane treatment by asking them for papers. Maybe those short AK 47s were just fishing poles. Perhaps the Russian Navy should be asked to clean up this area. They seem to know how to do it.

Just maybe catch and release doesn't work well unless you are trying to increase the population of fish.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGgTm7npVI[/yt]