Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #16
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Not if Michelle was a product of a rural culture where firearms were a regular part of life.
Conservatives are such great liars. If Michelle Obams was a product of Selma Alabama instead of Chicago IL conservatives would not have a problem with her talking like Palin, right.

01-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are many reasons to pick apart Sarah Palins politics. This isn't one. This is far more an urban lifestyle vs. a rural lifestyle than political issue. Here in northern NY, Dems and Republicans alike hunt and often attend events at shooting ranges.
01-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #18
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
There are many reasons to pick apart Sarah Palins politics. This isn't one. This is far more an urban lifestyle vs. a rural lifestyle than political issue. Here in northern NY, Dems and Republicans alike hunt and often attend events at shooting ranges.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KirvIAs_5Cw[/YT]
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPRYXL-D-k[/YT]
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

This latest "blood libel" thing is pretty hilarious/sad.

01-12-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Pay attention to the Motto re Obama and crew also.
Attached Images

01-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #21
Forum Member

Awesome rant by the OP, LOL. Surely he and the others here who have difficulty with understanding metaphorical language are outraged at this ad from the Democrat Leadership Council in 2004:

Ripe targets indeed.
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #22
Site Supporter

Looks like a dart board to me.
What were you thinking?

01-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Not if Michelle was a product of a rural culture where firearms were a regular part of life.
So, let me get this straight, Wasilla where Sarah grew up since the age of 8 is rural gun culture country? Last I looked it's a suburb of Anchorage, where 35% commute to work in the city.
Wasilla, Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And by the way, watching Sarah's photo op shooting, it's pretty obvious that she isn't intimate with guns - maybe she likes them around though.

And gun culture where guns are a regular part of life - what about the urban areas with the gangs and stuff, isn't that also gun culture> Just asking
01-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I believe she honestly intends these things to be purely political speech - reload at the ballot box - and as cultural signals, not an incitement to violence or treason against our government.
I'm a conservative and think Palin is an idiot. However I think the above is spot on about morons trying to paint her rhetoric as inciting violence.

As for having pictures taken with guns, who care. Also, the first image in the link, that is not a firearm but an electric/pneumatic training device.

There are also tons of democrats posing with firearms trying to seem appealing to middle America.

In the case of the recent shooting. Crazy people are crazy. You can try to alter reality so they will process it normally, and you'll fail. In the case of someone who appeared to be a self-medicating paranoid schizophrenic, every time you fail, you probably just wind them a little tighter.
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Would YOU have a problem if Michelle Obama used Palin's words like "do not retreat, reload" and talked about having her baby shower at a shooting range after posing with guns ?
But it's ok to say

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun"? That's OK? Said by our idiot president it's OK?
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
She's a world class idiot. Unfortunately there are way too many people in America who think she's qualified to be a leader. Unbelievable.
Yet she's still smarter than our current Veep. I'm no Palin fan by any stretch but she'd have been a better POTUS than what's there now.
01-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
So, let me get this straight, Wasilla where Sarah grew up since the age of 8 is rural gun culture country? Last I looked it's a suburb of Anchorage, where 35% commute to work in the city.
Wasilla, Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And by the way, watching Sarah's photo op shooting, it's pretty obvious that she isn't intimate with guns - maybe she likes them around though.

And gun culture where guns are a regular part of life - what about the urban areas with the gangs and stuff, isn't that also gun culture> Just asking
What was it like when she was 8 and growing up though? What was it like back in the 70's?
I've saved you from looking it up. You my thank me now.

QuoteQuote:
Established at the intersection of the Alaska Railroad and Old Carle Wagon Road, the city prospered at the expense of the nearby mining town of Knik. Historically entrepreneurial, the economic base shifted in the 1970s from small-scale agriculture and recreation to support for workers employed in Anchorage or on Alaska's North Slope oilfields and related infrastructure. The George Parks Highway turned the town into a commuter suburb of Anchorage.[2] Several state and federal agencies have offices in Wasilla, including the Alaska Departments of Environmental Conservation, Labor and Divisions of Public Assistance, Social Services.
01-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #28
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Okay, I'm a little confused by the thread title. The hypocrite premise I can understand, but I don't understand the lier part. Whom is she waiting to ambush?
01-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Okay, I'm a little confused by the thread title. The hypocrite premise I can understand, but I don't understand the lier part. Whom is she waiting to ambush?
Maybe she's reclining?
01-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Mods care to correct the spelling........
Rabbi: By 'blood libel' claim Palin admits 'words can be deadly' - Faith & Reason
Well how's this for stupid........
QuoteQuote:
You might think a rabbi would see Sarah Palin's video claim she's a victim of "blood libel" as monumental chutzpah (nerve), as if she, too, were an Arizona shooting victim like gravely injured U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords or Gifford's murdered aide Gabe Zimmerman.
QuoteQuote:
It's not just inappropriate, it's profoundly ironic. By making this comparison and playing Jew in the picture, the person endangered by a blood libel, she admits that the words people use can have deadly impact.

By claiming that others' words are a blood libel that endangers her, she's at least admitting the prospect that claims her words endangered others could be true.

I'm not giving her a free pass. It was a poor and hurtful analogy. But clearly, she's affirming exactly what her critics charge.
go grl, dig deeper.......
QuoteQuote:
Andrea Stone at AOL News wraps up Jewish reaction (pretty much everyone calls it totally insensitive) but she also points out that Palin was no original thinker on this.

Commentator Andrew Breitbart used the term in a tweet Tuesday, writing, "And to the gutless GOP establishment who watches in silence the blood libel against @SarahPalinUSA. We will remember. #TeaParty"

Hmmm. Are they "gutless" or do they bring a better knowledge of history to the fore?
Speaking of not so bright bart
QuoteQuote:
Sarah Palin is being criticized for using the term “blood libel” in a statement casting herself and fellow conservatives as victims of the Arizona shootings, because liberals are mean when they say that violent rhetoric can beget violence. Andrew Breitbart apparently decided to respond, tweeting:

I used ‘blood libel’ because I thought using analogy of lefties at pinball machine in Jodie Foster film ‘The Accused’ was too obscure.

Oh f&&& you. For those who haven’t seen “The Accused,” there’s a famously graphic scene of Jodie Foster being gang-raped on a pinball machine. So for Breitbart, criticism = gang-rape, but maybe lefties won’t get the gang-rape reference, so criticism = long-standing anti-Semitic myths, which resulted in the persecution and killing of Jews, about ritually slaughtering Christian babies. Got it. You’re disgusting.
http://www.feministe.us/blog/archives/2011/01/12/so-not-that-i-should-be-sur...icism-to-rape/
Imust be missing the bridges and rainbows.........

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-12-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Closed Thread