Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

So I heard on the news today

That some Republican congressman has decided that the best way to guarantee his safety when in public is to carry a sidearm and to have his staff carry sidearms as well.
Do these whackjobs not get it that guns are the problem not the solution? If someone wants to cap you, it doesn't matter how many people are packing guns, you are going to get shot (as the congresswoman in Arizona discovered).
How many people in that parking lot were carrying guns, and how much good did it do?
How many innocent people will get shot the next time (and there will be a next time given how much Americans hate each other (note to Jim, you don't need me to hate Americans, Americans do a fine job of it themselves)) the next time some dingbat pulls a gun out and suddenly it's OK Corral time?

01-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's all part of the fantasy - being lived and sold.
01-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Banned

On April 16, 2010, governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that legalizes the carrying of concealed firearms and other weapons in most places without a permit for adults over 21 years of age. Who voted for that idiot ?
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUPKKbmWMZ8[/YT]
01-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
NRA members.

01-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Being armed can be quite useful. Other times it won't do you a damn bit of good.

Trying to blame guns for the actions of those who wield them is stupid.

We've had incidences of mentally unstable individuals running down groups of children in the school yard. Yet there wasn't outrage and a call to ban privately owned vehicles or blaming curb construction or any other such thing. They blamed the crazy idiot who did it.

There was the happyland murders where a guy with $1.75 of gasoline and a grudge against a woman killed 80 people. Nobody seemed to want to blame anyone but the guy who did it.

There was an incident on a moving elevated trian with a guy and a couple gallons of gasoline around here. He killed 9 people and horribly burned several others. Once again, for some reason nobody was interested in blaming some inanimate object, or restricting the purchase of gasoline in cans.

So why do you feel all of the sudden in this instance it is the fault of firearms that this happened?
01-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
................given how much Americans hate each other (note to Jim, you don't need me to hate Americans, Americans do a fine job of it themselves)) .................
Okay Bill, we can agree on that one!
01-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
On April 16, 2010, governor Jan Brewer signed into law a bill that legalizes the carrying of concealed firearms and other weapons in most places without a permit for adults over 21 years of age. Who voted for that idiot ?
Do you truly believe that If a person, of whatever mental capacity, decides to go shoot somebody that not being allowed to legally carry the gun to the scene will stop him?

01-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Why does Columbine seem to come to mind here?

Carrying a gun is fine. Knowing when, or better yet IF to use it is what matters.
01-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Who voted for the idiot we have as POTUS? Wasn't me that's for sure.
01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Perhaps you could answer me this: Why is violent crime lower in Phoenix than it is in Trenton? Since New Jersey is among the states with the strictest gun laws in the country, how do you explain that statistic?

Something else for you to ponder: Kennesaw Georgia passed a law requiring all residents to own a firearm. The following year, crimes against persons dropped 74%! In fact crime rates there remain less than half of the national average in all categories.
01-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #11
Todd K.

People who want to be able to defend themselves from psychotic grammar fanatics.

People who believe in the Constitution and who want to be able to defend themselves from psychotic grammar fanatics are who voted her.
01-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K. Quote
People who believe in the Constitution and who want to be able to defend themselves from psychotic grammar fanatics are who voted her.

How'd that work out? The people packing, did they stop the shooting by taking out this grammar fanatic?

It's not the guns. The way this grammar fanatic would have been stopped is through universal medical coverage where psychiatric services are fully funded and people like him get the care they need.

The guns are a Constitutional right. That doesn't say there ought not to be any regulation thereof - a nuke was unknown to the framers, yet I would place it in the general category of 'guns'. Therefore, are we to believe we have a right to our own personal nuclear arsenals?

Of course, a nuke isn't fun. So how about a napalm throwing bazooka? Or a personally deployed carpet bomb? Much more fun, and seems to me, protected by the second amendment
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
Todd K.

Do you have any idea who he shooting at?

He was shooting at gun fearing Democrats, I wouldn't be surprised of there was a not single gun there.

Universal medical care could have prevented this? Do you really believe that? I need to so send some of my friends over here for a laugh. I couldn't make this stuff up!
01-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
Todd K.

Let me get this strait. You would place a Nuclear weapon in the same category as gun!

This just keeps getting better. A truly perfect example of how irrational liberalism is.
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Todd K. Quote
Do you have any idea who he shooting at?

He was shooting at gun fearing Democrats, I wouldn't be surprised of there was a not single gun there.
Actually, you're wrong. He was shooting at Democrats, generally, (Including perhaps a nine-year old one,) but actually, his primary target was a gun rights supporter and the federal judge was a generally-Republican guy, he just didn't vote the Teabaggers' desires over an immigration case.

And there were in fact several guns there, they just didn't help.

QuoteQuote:
Universal medical care could have prevented this? Do you really believe that? I need to so send some of my friends over here for a laugh. I couldn't make this stuff up!

Laughing and calling people idiots doesn't mean that the mental health care at a community college wouldn't be a lot better if it existed, instead of people just being scared of the crazy dude.
Closed Thread