Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Actually, it was 2,308,360 who voted yes (49.42%), and 2,362,648 (50.58%) who voted no, so while it was close, it was not the win for the separatists that it would have been if the numbers you made up were correct.

Good thing the republicans / Bush wasn't running the campaign. They would have won at 49.42 cause democracy doesn't matter for winning democratic elections .

01-24-2011, 05:01 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This should be amusing. A Canadian and a Brit regaling each other with how much they think they know about the U.S.

:corn:
I simply reported, wiithout comment, what is saiid on USA TV.
01-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Agreed.
I simply reported what was said on USA TV.
01-24-2011, 05:57 AM   #19
Ira
Inactive Account

Many Canadians simply suffer from an inferiority complex.

And that causes them to comment on only the bad aspects of the U.S., but more damaging and pathological, is they're HOPING that bad things happen.

But they get angry because the reality is, America is still the best place to live in the world, Americans are proud of this fact, and foreigners mistake that pride for arrogance.

Because after all, what do Canadians have to be proud of?

01-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #20
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And that causes them to comment on only the bad aspects of the U.S., but more damaging and pathological, is they're HOPING that bad things happen.

But they get angry because the reality is, America is still the best place to live in the world, Americans are proud of this fact, and foreigners mistake that pride for arrogance.

Pretty good assessment with regard to the Candadians. I have my own theory as to the British view. The Brits are ambivalent toward us, and understandably so. We kicked their butt twice and saved it once. They don't know how to feel about us.
01-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #21
mel
Veteran Member

Hockey.
01-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sparkle Quote
I simply reported what was said on USA TV.
Yep.

I don't think either of us 'passed any form of judgment' just commented on the clip and website :ugh:

01-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Veteran Member

The Brits are ambivalent toward us, and understandably so. We kicked their butt twice and saved it once. They don't know how to feel about us.
Ambivalent is a good word for it... came to WWII as late as possible, after large parts of our country was reduced to rubble and tracts of Europe were over run with nazis....

On the other hand, you gave us a massive loan after WWII which payed for the setting up of our National Health Service

We signed up to the two most unpopular wars in recent memory for you, lost hundreds of soldiers lives, and destroyed what little reputation we had in the process.

There's no animosity - virtually all Brits love America and Americans, but I don't think we'll be playing your 'pocket pal' in international affairs any longer (the Blair/Bush thing made us wanna spew) - and apparently you don't want us to, so it's all good really! Good luck securing France's assistance next time there's a country you guys wanna invade
01-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
..........but I don't think we'll be playing your 'pocket pal' in international affairs any longer - ........
I certainly can't blame you for that.
WWII was the last war, or armed conflict of any kind, that we went into with the intention of winning.
01-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #25
Veteran Member

There's absolutely no ill feeling about American Independence by the way. The USA was the kid that grew up, rebelled and stood on it's own two feet. Admirable, if anything. Meanwhile Canada's still upstairs in the box room, and Australia has it's own bedsit in the garage.

If I lived in those countries, I would get very very angry at seeing the Queen's head on my money. I get annoyed seeing the Queen on our money!
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, if that isn't arrogant blustering, I don't know what is.
Pardon me, I do know what it is.
It's arrogant bluster from someone who really only knows how to take cheap shots.
We don't have to hope that bad things happen down there, we just know that you guys are going to make bad things happen all by yourselves.

Are you really proud of the violence, the level of discourse that passes for politics, the attempted murder of politicians, the successful murder of politicians?
Are you really proud of Glen beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin?

What do Canadians have to be proud of?
We aren't Americans for starts.
Actually, for the purpose of this discussion, that is ample.

WWII was the last war, or armed conflict of any kind, that we went into with the intention of winning.
One of the last ones you went into for the right reasons too.....

There's absolutely no ill feeling about American Independence by the way. The USA was the kid that grew up, rebelled and stood on it's own two feet. Admirable, if anything. Meanwhile Canada's still upstairs in the box room, and Australia has it's own bedsit in the garage.

If I lived in those countries, I would get very very angry at seeing the Queen's head on my money. I get annoyed seeing the Queen on our money!
You need to learn something about world politics. I can't speak for Oz, but we did, in fact, cut the apron strings while Pierre Trudeau was or Prime Minister some 30 years ago.
I take it you missed that part of the program.
01-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There haven't been too many recent ones we (or anyone else) had a real hope of winning or a clear concept of what winning would look like, either, but that is another story. One of the things Ron and Ralph are teaming up to stop. At least France and England had the good sense to avoid overt participation in our civil war.
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I don't think we'll be playing your 'pocket pal' in international affairs any longer (the Blair/Bush thing made us wanna spew) - and apparently you don't want us to, so it's all good really! Good luck securing France's assistance next time there's a country you guys wanna invade

it happened way before Blair and Bush...Thatcher and Regan were love birds to..

we just had Oprah Winfrey over here...she was treated like a friggen god...that was sickening..I was glad Im not a Aussie when that was going on...
01-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Many Canadians simply suffer from an inferiority complex
way everyone gets "pic'd off" thought someone was trying to generate ad revenue.
01-25-2011, 05:02 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You need to learn something about world politics. I can't speak for Oz, but we did, in fact, cut the apron strings while Pierre Trudeau was or Prime Minister some 30 years ago.
I take it you missed that part of the program.
I was, of course, only teasing!