Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Putting money where your mouth is

Of course he can afford it............ good thing it is a medical savings account, I'm sure this is one way to bypass pre-x............Of course one good quadruple bypass may even put a good dent in his nest egg......
Of course he could fly to India.........
QuoteQuote:
He should have the surgery in India. There have been a big surge in "medical tourism." For a fraction of the cost of the procedure surrounded by the U.S., he can go to India and have excellent surgeons lug care of him, and round the clock care near nurses. It will be a lot easier to raise that money--I devise in one day you could probably incline the $10,000 to $15,000 necessary for the procedure in India. In the U.S., I surmise it would cost over $100,000.
http://insurance.hirby.com/how-much-would-a-quadruple-bypass-surgery-cost-fo...lth-insurance/
All six Louisiana House Republicans vote to repeal health-care overhaul | NOLA.com
QuoteQuote:
Landry spokesman Millard Mulé said his boss is relying on a health savings account instead of federal health insurance. The accounts allow tax-deferred contributions as long as the money is used solely to cover health services instead of federal health coverage.

Landry's financial disclosure statement for 2009 indicates he can afford to pay for his health coverage. It showed 2009 salaries of $56,000 from his law firm, plus $36,000 from UST Environmental Services LLC. It also showed several lucrative assets, including holdings in Service Tool Co. worth between $500,000 and $1 million and holdings in Regal Developers and St. Martin Bank worth between $250,000 and $500,000 each. He also stands to make $174,000 a year as a member of Congress.

Members of Congress, like other federal employees, can choose between 250 plans, including 20 national fee-for-service plans. Among the most popular because of its comprehensive coverage is a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Service Benefit Plan, which, in 2011, costs $1,306 a month for family coverage.

The participant pays $431.60 and the government, through taxpayers, $875.25. So by opting out of federal health insurance coverage, Landry, who is married with one child, is saving taxpayers as much as $10,503 a year.
Lets not even think about a transplant.................
http://www.transplantliving.org/beforethetransplant/finance/costs.aspx
Got to love the American "crapshoot" healthcare system..........

01-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I told you there would be some that would do this as a political stunt and unfortunately my state has no shortage of political stuntmen