Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Cars, Motorsport etc etc etc.....we own a HSV 6L GTO coupe, & have just bought a Focus RS....which is a very "exciting" little car!
Cheers, Pickles.

01-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I have no hobbies, only obsessions. Capturing and torturing sounds and images. Acquiring and playing various musical instruments. Acquiring and appreciating various ethnic arts and crafts. Cooking (but I'm no match for my ex-celebrity-chef son-in-law). Traveling to far places, by car / bike / canoe / whatever. Previous obsessions: Building electronic stuff. Programming digital stuff. Diddling with robotics, AI/AL, brain damage, politics. Creating new religions, carving new gods, simulating N-space, developing games, growing mazes, etc. Sorry, I don't do gasoline engines.
01-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Poker.

Works out well as that hobby pays for the LBA of this hobby
01-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
I collect and wear kimono. It's very expensive, hence I'm usually always torn between photography equip and shelling out for another piece of pre-WWII Japanese clothing.

I have a sweet spot for 1st generation Chevrolet Camaro's too. Preferably in fire engine red or canary yellow.

I used to ride horses casually in high school, but I hate the uppity attitude with people in that industry.

01-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #20

Gaming in particular PC gaming is one of my main hobbies! I love upgrading PC hardwares!
01-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two of my other favorite hobbies. Another is not safe for work.
I play roller hockey often

I have a music collection of well over 1,000 records and well over 1,000 compact discs.

But my favorite hobby is turning off lights after someone has left them on and is no longer in the room.
01-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I have a few regular hobbies which keep my time. Those include:

1, Travel. I am lucky enough to have turned this hobby/passion of mine into my career.
2, Guitar (playing/recording/collecting/etc) for the past 25 years. I reckon I have owned and sold over 100 different makes and models over the years along with older classic/vintage amps and some interesting newer ones.
3, Buying and restoring old motorcycles to ride and then re-sell.
4, Discovering new wines and beers and appreciating my favorites.
5, Snorkeling and scuba diving in the Med.

These keep me busy and seem to have taken on a life of their own at various times or another which I am glad for.

Jason

Last edited by Jasvox; 01-26-2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: added #5...how could I have forgotten??
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #23
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jasonz Quote
Drag racing! Problem is I'm sometimes torn between driving my car or photographing everyone else.
Drag racing? Are you serious? Why would anybody like that stuff?

Oh, nevermind, I'll just read my Christmas card from Bristol Dragway and sit down and be quiet.

Except for the above, I like cycling (road and mountain) and I'm just getting into homebrewing. I need to ride the bikes to compensate for the increased caloric intake from the homebrew.
01-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
I have a few regular hobbies which keep my time. Those include:

1, Travel. I am lucky enough to have turned this hobby/passion of mine into my career.
2, Guitar (playing/recording/collecting/etc) for the past 25 years. I reckon I have owned and sold over 100 different makes and models over the years along with older classic/vintage amps and some interesting newer ones.
3, Buying and restoring old motorcycles to ride and then re-sell.
4, Discovering new wines and beers and appreciating my favorites.

These keep me busy and seem to have taken on a life of their own at various times or another which I am glad for.

Jason
Share 1 and 4 and a variant of 2 (Tube and vintage HiFi), but never made a business of any of them. Avid cyclist until my last accident, though I may be again after I forget how close I came to getting killed or maimed. Cookingand woodworking. Also, ethnic music and international folk dance.

Last edited by GeneV; 01-23-2011 at 05:37 PM.
01-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I compete in 4x4 off road trials, which I do in a 4x4 that I built myself from the ground up, so pretty much anything to do with 4x4's is my main hobby - obsession ?

I also like woodwork and lathe turning, and I make some furniture when I can.
01-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I enjoy target shooting, volunteering with wildlife organizations/state parks, and travel.
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Among other things.

01-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #28

Ham Radio
Attached Images

01-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Haha, Gherm. That's something I've been planning on getting a little more into when we get where we're going, some kind of ham radio thing. Just in case this Internet thing doesn't work out. (I have a cheapo CB that may or may not work? )

Me, most of my 'hobbies' are somewhat utilitarian: it's mostly fixing/restoring/remaking things, carpentry, (Cars, actually, haven't had one in my care in a long time.) Ah, some martial arts, (Does cooking count when you're being domestic?) Maybe I should do something more frivolous.

Bowling, sometimes, even though that's a little crazy with my arthritis. I have a 'Fall down rather than hurt self' approach in case I overextend.
01-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gherrm Quote
Ham Radio
No speed key? Nothing that says HeathKit nor MFJ? Must be a n00b...