Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2007, 07:17 AM   #1

Reviving old sharpies

Got a sharpie which dosen't work?, it probably has ink left the tip is just too dry for it to flow.

Put it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.

10-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

What!! In understandable jargon SVP.
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
What!! In understandable jargon SVP.
could it be a fine tip pen ? (don't know what it has to do with Photography so I'm probably wrong though).
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
Pentaxian

For those that don't know what a sharpie is. Sharpie (marker) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

And you are right, not related to photography. That's why it's in the "General Talk" forum.

Interesting tip on nuking them, I'll keep that in mind.

10-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
But it is indirectly related to modern photography

Most of us use sharpies to write on the disks we save our pictures on.
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Ah yes, right you are Stu!
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Never! Shame on you!

I use a "Staedtler CD/DVD pen".
10-09-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

What It Has To Do With Photography.

As you know, since many film emulsions and papers won't accept normal ink, a Sharpie is very handy for writing on those surfaces. And, unlike the inks from some pens, the ink from a Sharpie dries very quickly on the fronts and backs of modern inkjet papers.

With literally thousands of adoring female fans seeking my autograph each day, I always keep a Sharpie handy to sign photographs of myself. The Sharpie is also good for autographing the fronts of t-shirts, or bare skin. Oh, wait a minute. All that was in a dream I had last night. Never mind.

stewart

10-10-2007, 05:17 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
As you know, since many film emulsions and papers won't accept normal ink, a Sharpie is very handy for writing on those surfaces. And, unlike the inks from some pens, the ink from a Sharpie dries very quickly on the fronts and backs of modern inkjet papers.

With literally thousands of adoring female fans seeking my autograph each day, I always keep a Sharpie handy to sign photographs of myself. The Sharpie is also good for autographing the fronts of t-shirts, or bare skin. Oh, wait a minute. All that was in a dream I had last night. Never mind.

stewart
ROTFLMAO
10-10-2007, 07:25 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Most of us use sharpies to write on the disks we save our pictures on.
only in USA, Canada and UK if you believe the Wikipedia (never heard of them here so they might be correct).

When I heard sharpies I was thinking of something like a Bic ballpoint pen and you should NEVER use those to write on a DVD or CD (but I've seen people do it so I guess it's not that bad if you don't press to hard on the pen to make it write).
10-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cloudy Wizzard Quote
only in USA, Canada and UK if you believe the Wikipedia (never heard of them here so they might be correct).

You should be able to find a Sharpie in Belgium. I've certainly found them here, under the Sharpie brand name and others. Check the office or school supply sections of local stores. These are permanent ink felt-tipped markers, only slightly thicker than a normal ink pen, with a fine point on one end and a thicker point on the other. They are available in five or six colors, with black clearly being the most common color stocked by stores.

stewart
10-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This works!!!

THANKS!