Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Well, here we have it folks. Another thread that fails.

01-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, what were the odds of that?
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Like I said still smarter than Biden. You're getting like Jeff with the cut and paste, eh?
I always thought arguements go better w/ "facts"... no body really just wants ones "opinion"
01-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I fail to see why Palin being an egotistical dimwit has anything to do with anyone else being an egotistical dimwit. Why bring Biden up at all? Stay on topic!

;P

01-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Speaking of dimwits

Might as well add the 3rd stooge......... Rush.
QuoteQuote:
State Sen. Leland Yee said at a San Francisco news conference today that threatening messages sent to his office via fax, text message and email need to stop, and that the messages have made him disappointed in the country.

"I thought our country and our community were a lot better than this," Yee, D-San Francisco, said at an afternoon news conference in the Hiram Johnson building at 455 Golden Gate Ave.

He received a fax from an unknown sender today, which made racist comments and called Yee a Marxist.

"Rush Limbaugh will kick your Ch--k ass and expose you for the fool you are," part of the memo said.

Yee and state Assemblyman Paul Fong, D-Cupertino, previously demanded an apology from conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, who mimicked the president of China on his Jan. 19 show.

Limbaugh was describing a Fox News broadcast that had faulty translation of a speech given by Chinese President Hu Jintao when for almost 20 seconds he spoke gibberish Chinese.

"Normally they translate every couple of words, but Hu Jintao was just going chin chong, chin chong cha..." Limbaugh said before continuing to mimic the language.

At today's news conference, Yee said, "I thought we could end this by just having someone apologize.

"To see, and to hear, and to receive these kinds of horrible statements and racist threats is truly angering."
Senator Yee says racist statements, death threats need to stop - San Jose Mercury News
you know Rush, we are smarter then that..........
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I fail to see why Palin being an egotistical dimwit has anything to do with anyone else being an egotistical dimwit. Why bring Biden up at all? Stay on topic!

;P
He's just jealous cause Biden's *gaffes* would make a better President than Palin's whole party.
01-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The Gift That Keeps Giving (to the Democrats)

The very best thing that could happen to the Democratic party in 2012 is if Palin is the Republican nominee. The second best thing would be to have her as the Tea-party candidate, running as a 3rd party choice on the ballot. 3rd best thing would be to have her regulated to the sidelines, but having fail moments like these go viral every month or so, with maybe Michelle Bachmann as the Tea Party candidate on the ballot, drawing votes from the Republican.

01-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Banned

Original Poster
01-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote

;P
Bingo. This is the problem with how some people have come to argue in today's political climate. Political discussion becomes a fruitless team sport where the object is to land an insult on the other team, rather than comment on the issue at hand.
01-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Jogiba , didn't you and your brother Jeff just rant about use of this type of imagery in another thread?
01-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Jogiba , didn't you and your brother Jeff just rant about use of this type of imagery in another thread?
did you miss my "Palin/Bachmann end of days" poster....
It's a little more subtle.....

Teabuggery Politics Plus
QuoteQuote:
Overcoming right wing insanity, one day at a time.
Bad day today Capt?????........
01-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
did you miss my "Palin/Bachmann end of days" poster....
It's a little more subtle.....
I was making reference to your cut & paste about the use of nazi imagery.
01-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
I don't know about who is anyone's brother, but I have proposed a rule that anyone comparing anyone to a Nazi be required to explain fully and specifically why that is a fair comparison, rather than a gratuitous insult. I used to say it should be off limits entirely before the thread about a politician who was actually marching around in a Nazi uniform for fun. That is the level of thing that it takes IMHO to justify such a comparison.
01-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Bad day today Capt?????........
01-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I don't know about who is anyone's brother, but I have proposed a rule that anyone comparing anyone to a Nazi be required to explain fully and specifically why that is a fair comparison, rather than a gratuitous insult. I used to say it should be off limits entirely before the thread about a politician who was actually marching around in a Nazi uniform for fun. That is the level of thing that it takes IMHO to justify such a comparison.
Well it depends on who is being compared to a nazzi , if it a conservative its ok but if it's a lib/ dem /LGBT/ Mexican drug lord or Islamic Terrorist then it is srtictly verboten around here.

Last edited by seacapt; 01-30-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread