Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
sharing wireless headphones?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have wireless headphones (3.5mm stereo plug) with which I would like to use multiple input sources without constantly plugging them in and out between the TV and the laptop while the latter is using the former as display. To my surprise I have had difficulty finding a cheap gadget with two inputs and one output, preferably a passive one (no wall-wart) and no need to explicitly select the source. I suppose I could build a crude passive mixer from suitable connectors and capacitors for AC coupling but I'd rather not .

02-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
I could build a crude passive mixer from suitable connectors and capacitors for AC coupling but I'd rather not
Can relate to that Jolepp,probably do without impedence match,would clip quite a bit,sound would be terrible...Infrastructure of time and material can be confounding at times.

Radio Shack was good source in past for things like that.
Digi-Key is better for discreet components rather than monolithic assembly...big if there
Circut Cellar magazine & website might have some advertisers that could help
Think some of younger members better educated regarding such.
As close as Ive come to anything like that recently are foam repair kits for JBL monitors I have.
02-22-2011, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll chime in with the recommendation for Radio Shack although Jolepp is in Finland. I have a switch box from Radio Shack that allows my old but still excellent stereo amp to get input from different devices. It was quite cheap. The box I have would work for that purpose except an adapter would be needed as it has RCA plugs. There are plug adapters for just about everything.
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So far the closest cheap option would be this with rca-3.5 adapters ... it has a switch to flip though. Actually a related problem is that the audio input that goes with the VGA on the TV seems to be busted (the one hdmi it has a ps3 in it ...) ... if this was not the case I could have the headphones in the TV`s headphone socket most of the time ...

02-22-2011, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There's a TV headset system out there called TV Ears that comes with a box transmitter and dual headsets. This system is made to work for two people at one time. It's a bit on the expensive side, but it does what you want. It's like $200 on Amazon lately apparently but I've seen it listed at half that. That's like 2X the usually retail on that set...
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input I guess this one of those problems having which proves you don't have any real problems