Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #31
Veteran Member

My relative just came from Libiya. He said it's a bullshit that western media is whining about. He said there are basically two fractions: city population and desert population there. Desert tend to be, hm, a little savage, the Ghadafi regime always pushing them (deserts) for this. They were trying to take control over the weapon depots and thus were killed by soldiers. Basically, they are all deserts who is fighting against Ghadafi.
He thinks those disturbances were cause by USA and british agents in order to take control over the Libyan oil, just like they did with Iraq. He also thinks the overthrow of Ghadafi will lead to great sacrifices among the civil city population which will likely be victim of barbarians from deserts. The country itself will fall into the middle ages.

03-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #32
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
"The U.S. moved naval and air forces closer to Libya and said all options were open, including patrols of the North African nation's skies to protect its citizens from their ruler."

So does this qualify as going in, as I said? Not to mention the fact the the EU is now going to cover the west of the country?........
To me, going in means you are on their soil, in their air, and in their waters without the permission of the government. I'm pretty sure we didn't get an invitation from Muammar, so yeah, we're "going in".
03-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Muammar could do everyone (himself included) a huge favor, pack his tent and go camping elsewhere. An offer for modest acommodation and immunity would seem to be a pragmatic thing to do, not that he'd be likely to accept.
03-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Muammar could do everyone (himself included) a huge favor, pack his tent and go camping elsewhere. An offer for modest acommodation and immunity would seem to be a pragmatic thing to do, not that he'd be likely to accept.
Why would he accept did you not see his interview yesterday there are no riots and everyone loves him apparently. It's all just vicious rumour started By AL Queda apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12603086

03-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Why would he accept did you not see his interview yesterday there are no riots and everyone loves him apparently. It's all just vicious rumour started By AL Queda apparently

BBC News - Libya's Gaddafi: 'My people love me'
I would be inclined to doubt that this will put an end to these pesky rumors . A related observation is that I have mixed feelings whether I'd like to try some of what he smokes.
03-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
whatever he's smoking sure removes the reality aspect of daily life