Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Home decor by our photos

Hi,

I am going to move to a new apartment and I want to decor it by my own photos.

Honestly, I am still thinking how to show photos with an improvement to my apartment ( or only just hang them on wall?)

Can someone give me ideas, samples or just a website that I can do what I want.

Jamie

02-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Congratulations on your new apt! How large is it? How much wall space, exclusive of shelving, wall-crowding furniture, etc? Will your gallery space be indirectly lit by windows? (Direct sunlight fades photos.) And how baroque or severe is your decorating style?

Common practice: Mount photos within wide white mattes in thin frames. YOU get to decide what style frames to use. If your rooms have crown molding, stick nails or hooks atop it and hang the pictures with cording that disappears into your wall color, to make it easy to change and rearrange the prints.

OR, tack up photos everywhere, maybe in a matrix or three. OR, get a folding multi-frame divider and load it up with prints. OR, look at some home decoration books and magazines and see what appeals to you. The possibilities for decoration are infinite. YOU get to decide.