Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,301
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
The irony is incredible.
GWB has done more harm to American interest than a dozen Julian Assanges.
The really interesting thing is that Americans seem to think Assange deserves jail time and GWB deserves deification.
Welcome Back!

02-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,301
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
now now Adam created this little playground for the democrats to beat up on us few token republicans allowed here. So we are sanctioned in this forum now if you choose to play great if not please refrain from coming here and telling us that it doesn't belong. You did post in a POLITICS AND RELIGION section on the forum now didn't you?
That is so not true! There are LOTS of Republicans I like. Of course 99.9% of them are dead...
02-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #18
Veteran Member
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,829
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
that was then lets keep it to the here and now and why is it that the right is propaganda but if its the left its the unspoken truth? ok ok I will leave that alone and I am off to have myself a cheese sandwich for lunch
I don't know if you participated here back when it was at its worst, Jon. I took a few looks and kept my distance. I'd say the problem was mostly insults rather than propaganda. It was only when we got some folks like you, who would argue in a civil tone that this became interesting.
02-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,154
The cheese sandwich is the clue. He's been here a while.

02-28-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member
gokenin's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: lowell,ma
Posts: 1,890
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The cheese sandwich is the clue. He's been here a while.
I was worried there for a bit that no one would get that reference. I may not have a high post count but I have been here for a few years.
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM   #21
Senior Member
skyredoubt's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 243
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
GWB has done more harm to American interest than a dozen Julian Assanges.
I don't think Assange has done any harm to the real US interests. To the interests of the olygarchy - yes, but the average folk should actually be grateful to him and Bradley Manning for exposing what little they could of the wast secrecy in which our govts conduct their policies.

The DOJ's creeping war on whistle-blowers - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

QuoteQuote:
For a President who insists that we must "Look Forward, Not Backward" -- when it comes to investigating war crimes by high-level Bush officials -- this anti-whistleblower assault reflects not only an obsession on preserving and bolstering the National Security State's secrecy regime, but also an intense fixation on the past. And increasingly extremist weapons -- now including trolling through reporters' banking and phone records -- are being wielded to achieve it. As Thomas Jefferson warned long ago: "Our first object should therefore be, to leave open to him all the avenues of truth. The most effectual hitherto found, is freedom of the press. It is therefore, the first shut up by those who fear the investigation of their actions."
02-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PGH PENNA
Posts: 340
hand them over to me I'll take care of them.
02-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,559
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
that was then lets keep it to the here and now and why is it that the right is propaganda but if its the left its the unspoken truth?
If it's that *either* way, even if you seem to claim the exact opposite: 'Truth' would seem to be neither unspoken nor productive, which probably means we're either *all* wasting each other's time, or someone's determined to make it so with vague accusations and false equivalencies.

That said, show me some cheese up front and I'll be glad to grill it for you.

Seems to me you just like to claim 'The other side does it too!' whenever criticized on what you Righties claimed was the very picture of eternal righteousness not a breath ago...

But still needs a spread of the 'blame' before you're back on the attack.

About what's 'absolutely Righteous' for you, but 'Everyone does it,' when you want to spread blame... But....

What's being 'done' in this 'Everyone does it?' You accuse and claim things 'lead to' things, while justifying *what is actually really and openly done by the Right with actual direct consequences.*


Hope it's a good sammich, I guess.

But don't think you're fooling anyone.



As for Assange and U.S. interests, well, technically it's a breach, but do you have *any* idea how much money he just saved even the worst of us here in America? And without even the bad karma about them dictators.

I mean, how much money did the GOP spend in the 80's to try and get us to take Ghadaffi seriously, then prop up the whole brinksmanship and all that... Waste of time and money, even if money's all you love and time's no real object. One little peek inside the sausage factory and even, if not especially, the theocrats trying to play Orwell are irrelevant.

Forward!


Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-28-2011 at 02:59 PM.
02-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #24
Veteran Member
gokenin's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: lowell,ma
Posts: 1,890
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
If it's that *either* way, even if you seem to claim the exact opposite: 'Truth' would seem to be neither unspoken nor productive, which probably means we're either *all* wasting each other's time, or someone's determined to make it so with vague accusations and false equivalencies.

That said, show me some cheese up front and I'll be glad to grill it for you.

Seems to me you just like to claim 'The other side does it too!' whenever criticized on what you Righties claimed was the very picture of eternal righteousness not a breath ago...

But still needs a spread of the 'blame' before you're back on the attack.

About what's 'absolutely Righteous' for you, but 'Everyone does it,' when you want to spread blame... But....

What's being 'done' in this 'Everyone does it?' You accuse and claim things 'lead to' things, while justifying *what is actually really and openly done by the Right with actual direct consequences.*



Hope it's a good sammich, I guess.

But don't think you're fooling anyone.



As for Assange and U.S. interests, well, technically it's a breach, but do you have *any* idea how much money he just saved even the worst of us here in America? And without even the bad karma about them dictators.

I mean, how much money did the GOP spend in the 80's to try and get us to take Ghadaffi seriously, then prop up the whole brinksmanship and all that... Waste of time and money, even if money's all you love and time's no real object. One little peek inside the sausage factory and even, if not especially, the theocrats trying to play Orwell are irrelevant.

Forward!
OK I must have misplaced my secret decoder ring again but what the heck are you talking about? Yes it was a good sandwich by the way thank you very much for asking.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
address, appearance, assange, bush, george, julian, president, summit
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lobster-pot nunzio Monthly Photo Contests 0 08-30-2009 12:49 PM
Gone to Pot Sailor Post Your Photos! 12 04-22-2009 02:44 PM
Pot O'Gold ajuett Post Your Photos! 3 02-25-2009 09:13 AM
Pot of Gold Mike Cash Post Your Photos! 2 10-19-2007 10:30 PM
Kettle River British Columbia panoramic little laker Post Your Photos! 4 04-24-2007 08:39 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top