Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pot calling the kettle black.. ;) Bush

George W. Bush cancels appearance over Julian Assange's presence - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
QuoteQuote:
Former President George W. Bush has canceled a scheduled speaking appearance at the YPO Global Leadership Summit after learning that Wikileaks founder Julian Assange was invited to address the same summit, his spokesperson said today.

Mr. Bush's spokesman David Sherzer said in a statement that Mr. Bush accepted an invitation to speak at the Denver summit six months ago. The former president was slated to speak at the event tomorrow.

"This week, upon learning that Julian Assange had recently been invited to address the same summit, President Bush decided to cancel his appearance," Sherzer said. "The former president has no desire to share a forum with a man who has willfully and repeatedly done great harm to the interests of the United States."

02-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I may agree with your title concerning Mr Bush...however this has no place being in this forum. Think Pentax Photography....
02-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eagle7312 Quote
I may agree with your title concerning Mr Bush...however this has no place being in this forum. Think Pentax Photography....
now now Adam created this little playground for the democrats to beat up on us few token republicans allowed here. So we are sanctioned in this forum now if you choose to play great if not please refrain from coming here and telling us that it doesn't belong. You did post in a POLITICS AND RELIGION section on the forum now didn't you?
02-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Uhh, did you read the forum heading: "Political and Religious Discussion"?

There's not a lot of Pentax in either one...

02-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
now now Adam created this little playground for the democrats to beat up on us few token republicans allowed here.
Hey, you know it's been utterly the other way round in the past, and actually it was *created* cause of people cluttering up the General Talk board with right-wing propaganda.
02-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hey, you know it's been utterly the other way round in the past, and actually it was *created* cause of people cluttering up the General Talk board with right-wing propaganda.
that was then lets keep it to the here and now and why is it that the right is propaganda but if its the left its the unspoken truth? ok ok I will leave that alone and I am off to have myself a cheese sandwich for lunch
02-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
"This week, upon learning that Julian Assange had recently been invited to address the same summit, President Bush decided to cancel his appearance," Sherzer said. "The former president has no desire to share a forum with a man who has willfully and repeatedly done great harm to the interests of the United States."
The irony is incredible.
GWB has done more harm to American interest than a dozen Julian Assanges.
The really interesting thing is that Americans seem to think Assange deserves jail time and GWB deserves deification.

02-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Site Supporter

How about this?

Put them both on trial, using only public defenders.
02-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
that was then lets keep it to the here and now and why is it that the right is propaganda but if its the left its the unspoken truth? ok ok I will leave that alone and I am off to have myself a cheese sandwich for lunch
So voting by posting has consequences????
Besides what good does it do..... post a million facts and studies and someone just says your wrong "because"....... Unfortunately it seems to work... go figure.
02-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Julian Assange deserves a Nobel Prize for exposing corrupt international politics and immoral war crimes. The future is brighter for exposing ugly truths to the electorate.

It was extremely regrettable that the identities of some individuals were not removed from some of the leaked documents. But as far as 'damaging America's interests' I would just say: 'Don't shoot the messenger!' or even better 'Don't shoot unarmed civilians, journalists and children from helicopters!'
02-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hee, hee ... if GWB figures people who have hurt US interests should not allowed there he certainly seems to have done the logical thing by not going himself. I for one used to have a pretty high opinion of the US; in particular hook, line and sinker with Mr. Powell's UN security council speech about the ongoing Iraq WMD program and the subsequent utter lack of evidence of the same. Note that Ì see a distinction between the people and the government of a country, it is just that I did not have much use for that as far as the US was concerned before GWB's watch. The point is that the international prestige of the US went down the tubes due to GWB's policies (in one word: Iraq).
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Think "Political & Religious Discussion" as in the name of the forum this is posted in.
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
Veteran Member

I have read that most, if not all Canon/Nikon users are Conservatives and the good Pentaxians are all the normal folks. Julian Assange shoots Nikon
02-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
Julian Assange shoots Nikon
The CIA shoots .22. We'll see who wins that one.
02-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Be careful what you say here or Julie baby will out you on wikileaks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
The CIA shoots .22. We'll see who wins that one.