Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Running thread of consolidated Tea Party-related stupidity

This should be a long and entertaining thread. I'll get the ball rolling:

QuoteQuote:
Texas has long been a hotbed of controversy on immigration issues. And a proposed immigration bill in the Texas state House is sure to raise more than a few eyebrows. The bill would make hiring an "unauthorized alien" a crime punishable by up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine, unless that is, they are hired to do household chores.

Yes, under the House Bill 2012 introduced by a tea party favorite state Rep. Debbie Riddle -- who's been saying for some time that she'd like to see Texas institute an Arizona-style immigration law -- hiring an undocumented maid, caretaker, lawnworker or any type of houseworker would be allowed. Why? As Texas state Rep. Aaron Pena, also a Republican, told CNN, without the exemption, "a large segment of the Texas population" would wind up in prison if the bill became law.
Proposed Texas immigration law contains convenient loophole for ‘the help’ - Yahoo! News

03-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
This should be a long and entertaining thread. I'll get the ball rolling:

Proposed Texas immigration law contains convenient loophole for ‘the help’ - Yahoo! News
2)................See "only landholders should be allowed to vote" thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/political-religious-discussion/134635-don...ters-vote.html
03-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let me find a link about the Tebagger lady who brought a fetus to 'testify' before the Ohio Congress. (via ultrasound, apparently)

That must have been fun Q&A. 'Sir or ma'am,Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party. Don't wait for the translation.'

'We need to estabish your pre-natal citizenship... Therefore, You're not gay, are you? Will you swear the Pledge of Allegiance with 'Under God,' unless of course you choose to be part of a secessionist movement? '

'While you're here, we'd like you to sign this liability waiver about chemical toxins and BGH and bisphenol A and our reduction in mercury regulations....'

'I'm sorry, if you can't produce your birth certificate, or it comes from Hawaii, I'm afraid we'll have to arrest and deport you....'

http://www.fox8.com/news/sns-ap-oh--ohioabortions-firstheartbeat,0,1310106.story

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.
03-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

short list:

QuoteQuote:
3. "I hope that's not where we're going, but you know if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies and saying my goodness what can we do to turn this country around? I'll tell you the first thing we need to do is take Harry Reid out." —Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle, floating the possibility of armed insurrection in a radio interview, Jan. 2010

4.. "It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, you also have to be abstinent alone. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery. You can't masturbate without lust! ... You're going to be pleasing each other. And if he already knows what pleases him and he can please himself, then why am I in the picture?" —Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell, advocating against masturbation in a 1996 MTV interview

5. Tea Party candidate Ken Buck, after being asked why people should vote for him for the Colorado GOP Senate nomination: ''Because I do not wear high heels. She has questioned my manhood, and I think it's fair to respond. I have cowboy boots, they have real bullsh*t on them. And that's Weld County bullsh*t, not Washington, D.C., bullsh*t.'' Buck was referring to an ad run by his opponent, which decried third-party spending on behalf of his campaign and urged Buck to ''be man enough'' to run the ads himself (July 21, 2010)

6. 'We took the Bible and prayer out of public schools, and now we're having weekly shootings practically. We had the 60s sexual revolution, and now people are dying of AIDS." —Christine O'Donnell, during a 1998 appearance on Bill Maher's 'Politically Incorrect'",

7. "People ask me, 'What are you going to do to develop jobs in your state?' Well, that's not my job as a U.S. senator." —Sharron Angle, May 14, 2010

8. "By integrating women into particularly military institutes, it cripples the readiness of our defense. Schools like The Citadel train young men to confidently lead other young men into a battlefield where one of them will die. And when you have women in that situation, it creates a whole new set of dynamics which are distracting to training these men to kill or be killed." —Christine O'Donnell, during a 1995 C-SPAN interview when she was press secretary for Concerned Women for America

9. "What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP.' I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business. I've heard nothing from BP about not paying for the spill. And I think it's part of this sort of blame-game society in the sense that it's always got to be someone's fault instead of the fact that sometimes accidents happen." —Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Rand Paul, May 21, 2010

10. "I think that two wrongs don't make a right. And I have been in the situation of counseling young girls, not 13 but 15, who have had very at risk, difficult pregnancies. And my counsel was to look for some alternatives, which they did. And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade." —Sharron Angle, explaining why she is against abortion even in cases of rape or incest, July 8, 2010

11. "I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that’s one of the things freedom requires is that we allow people to be boorish and uncivilized, but that doesn't mean we approve of it." —Rand Paul, taking issue with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 while arguing that government should not prevent private businesses from discriminating on the basis of race, interview with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, May 21, 2010
MY FAVORITE
12. "We needed to have the press be our friend ... We wanted them to ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported." —Sharron Angle, during an interview with Fox News Channel's Carl Cameron, Aug. 2, 2010

03-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A new quote from Judson Phillips.

"Charlie Sheen is now making more sense than John Boehner."

The scary part? He might be right.
03-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Translation: Paul was not the runaway winner, even online. And the top-performer of those who didn’t come was my personal pick, Palin. I hope this is instructive. Those who wish someone else to prevail in the primary, please recognize that you disrespect Palin at great peril to your choice. Palin supporters are a great engine of fundraising, drive, and creativity. You will need them behind the candidate (should it NOT be Sarah) in the general election if Obama is to be defeated. Additionally, most conservatives seem ready to shake things up, and establishment-blessed candidates need not apply.
QuoteQuote:
was privileged to sit-in on a special session of the California Tea Party cooridinators. They were formulating plans to address the numerous problems plaguing California, not the least of which involves the Public Employee Unions (PEUs). They are featuring their nhew website: californiateapartygroups.org. A few key items: The California Teams hope to promote an “adopt-a-politician” program, so that an individual citizes can focus on the activities of only one representative.
Temple of Mut
Plenty more from there:
Actually from here just pick a blog from here:
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/blogroll.aspx

Union workers the new "privlidged class" I guess since they have health ins. and pensions.. that would make them better then ... oh wait were supposed to be going up not DOWN.. and certainly not enjoying it. since they have coats on and in Calif. I suspect it's about 60 degrees F there......
Some are not that funny.. This one speaks volumes on raiding pensions and basically "breaking their promise" to future retirees that are currently employed.
QuoteQuote:
I AM A RETIRED PUBLIC WORKER. HOW WILL THIS AFFECT MY PENSION?

There will be no impact to current retirees.
slash and burn.....
Northwoods Patriots

Last edited by jeffkrol; 03-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Valiant Tea Party "flashmob" to clean up the Wisconsin Capitol building

Wisconsin Tea Party Members Plan “It’s Time to Take Out the Trash Day” at WI Capitol (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

(Unfortunately, there's nothing to clean up.)
03-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
Pentaxian

This.... is your father's 'sense of irony.' An elegant weapon, from a more civilized age....

03-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
James O’Keefe Strikes Again! Activist Auteur Targets NPR | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

Guy behind the ACORN pimp/hooker video releases another shocker!
03-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Perhaps it will cure us of Ann Coulter.

Ann Coulter: Radiation Is 'Good For You' - theoaklandpress.com
03-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #11
Oso
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Anyone else want to help and chip in for a plane ticket for her one way to Fukushima?
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #12
Oso
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
On a more personal note...

I was born with a birth defect. When I was born, my father said that my head looked just like it if you interlocked your fingers together almost in a "praying" position, so that my head was all "knobby" and what not.

Initially, the doctors said, nothing to worry about, some babies just have funny heads after birth, it will go away. But I thank God every day for Dr. Holley, my pediatrician.

He knew something was wrong, and xrays confirmed that I had no Cranial Sutures on my skull, just the fontanels, or soft spots. I would face a horrible outcome at about 5 months, as the baby has a brain growth spurt at about 5 months, and since my skull could not grow and accommodate this growth (as I had no Cranial Sutures) and I would die a horrible death.
The March Of Dimes came along, and provided the surgery that saved my life, (another nightly prayer of thanks) and with 2 polyethylene strips that run along my skull, I have lived to be 50.

Now the point.

My family went to Vegas one time, once long ago when we did above ground nuke bomb tests in the Nevada desert. My oldest brother remembers it as one of the greatest sunsets he ever saw, as they thought the winds would carry the fallout out east into the desert, but the winds shifted west, and dusted Vegas with a big cloud of fallout. Of course, Everybody knows that radiation has no harmful effects on people. Especially pregnant women.

All I know is what my family doctor told my parents. The operation they performed on me was supposedly perfected in Japan, after the end of WWII. Seems a lot of babies born after the war had a similar condition.
03-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I don't have any reason to doubt that a little radiation is harmless and *might* even be good for you... although the actual evidence seems inconclusive and anecdotal... but why is Ann Coulter (that renowned scientific commentator) raising this now? Seems a little tasteless.
03-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Because Newt scooped her on the President's NCAA final four bracket outrage.

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
but why is Ann Coulter (that renowned scientific commentator) raising this now? Seems a little tasteless.
03-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
I don't have any reason to doubt that a little radiation is harmless and *might* even be good for you... although the actual evidence seems inconclusive and anecdotal... but why is Ann Coulter (that renowned scientific commentator) raising this now? Seems a little tasteless.
Ann Coulter is tasteless by profession.
Think Glenn Beck with better presentation.
Closed Thread