Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #1

Remote F vs CS-205

I'm wondering what remote would be the best for generic use.

The wireless IR remote F is a lot cheaper then the wired CS-205 (about 20 euro vs. 60 euro) but I guess that you need to aim the beam (IR) at the IR receiver of the K100D Super at the front of the camera so this is less useful for landscaping photography.

The weird thing is that you would expect that the wireless remote is cheaper then a wired one but the difference is quite big.

so what remote do you use or would you advise ?

10-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cloudy Wizzard Quote
I'm wondering what remote would be the best for generic use.
Wireless is more convenient for family photos and general tripod remote trigger. But you need wired remote for long exposure in Bulb mode.

QuoteQuote:
The wireless IR remote F is a lot cheaper then the wired CS-205 (about 20 euro vs. 60 euro)
Would you consider 3rd party remotes which are much much cheaper?

DealExtreme: $4.46 Jianisi Universal Digital SLR Remote for Pentax / Nikon / Canon / Konica Minolta

Shipping included!

DealExtreme: $6.44 Jianisi Bulb Setting Shutter Switch for Canon / Contax / Pentax / Samsung Digital Camera
10-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #3

Original Poster
If a good 3rd party would be available through a local store I might consider buying one.
10-20-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The remote is very convenient and very compact. If your camera doesn't have an IR receiver on the back (the K10D has it, can't speak for the K100D) just hold it next to the lens pointing backwards. I worked my *istD that way, no problem.

10-21-2007, 03:39 AM   #5

Original Poster
following the manual of the K100D Super the IR remote works in a rage of approx. 5m in FRONT of the camera. so I guess there is no IR receiver on the back.

I also didn't see it in the manual where all buttons and lights are explained.

The K10D (according to the manual) had a self-timer/IR Receiver at both sides of the body so I guess you are correct.

K10D can receive IR from front and back but K100D can only receive IR from the front.

but with a price saving of about 40 euro (can buy 2 spare Remote type "F" from that money) I guess the IR is still better then the wired one (unless when batteries are dead off course).

On the other hand you could argue that even with a price of 20 euro buying the IR remote is thrown away since you can use the 2 (or is it 3) second self-timer for use with a tripod
10-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
CS 205 has a lock - "hold " - position . Remote F does not .