Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Serious cabin fever here, too--I've picked up some nice lenses but all I have to shoot is the cats and, with my K-5 in the shop, that's an exercise in noisy futility. Maybe as a change of pace I might sell some lenses.

nah.

03-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like Michelin Pro Race road tyres. Many years ago I used IRC Triathlete, but I was persuaded to try Axial Pros about 10 years ago and I've never looked back. They just seemed more lively than the others. Pro Race is their descendant. I've currently got "Pro 3 Race" on my #1 bike.

Remember: the perfect number of bikes to own is n + 1

Richard.
03-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #48
Veteran Member

It snowed here day before yesterday.

Jason
03-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would just like to salute the space shuttle Discovery and thank it for it's years of service and great interest. I hope to visit it in the future at The Smithsonian.
Rest easy with the rewards of your accomplishments, noble white dragon.

03-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
I would just like to salute the space shuttle Discovery and thank it for it's years of service and great interest. I hope to visit it in the future at The Smithsonian.
Rest easy with the rewards of your accomplishments, noble white dragon.
Hear, Hear!
<raises virtual mug, drains contents>
<CRASH!! into virtual fireplace>

Jim
03-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #51
Pentaxian

Mmmmmmmmm. Lunchtime again! :0
03-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More rain.

Did I mention that my daughter is above average in many respects?

03-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #53
Veteran Member

More News From The Coastal Ridges

The pride of Sasquatch reported in Goonieville earlier have been seen in the Austin Creek park area heading north, and not a moment too soon according to the G'ville homeless community. "Those BUFFs [Big Ugly Fat F*ckers] were scamming the dumpsters before any of us humans could could get to'em," groused one permanent transient.

A new old-hippy pirate radio station has gone on the air, broadcasting from the vicinity of the old Boy Scout camp near Cazadero, and can be heard around 1650 KHz most nights when the wind isn't too strong for the balloon holding the antenna wire up. If you hear Grateful Dead music played backwards and NOAM CHOMSKY lectures, that's probably it.

A gaggle of killer geese escaped from the Exotic Farmworks compound on Ross Valley Road near Graton and headed west into the hills. Two were found impaled on hybrid long-spine opuntia at the Great Occidental Desert And Defensive Perimeter Nursery. An unnamed source at GODDPN said, "We usually get a few birds and squirrels stuck in the Pain & Terror bushes, but these are the first geese we've seen here. They looked like they was stalking the quail."

The carcass of a grain-fed calf was found nearby, with goose-droppings.

Last edited by RioRico; 03-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hrm, Rico, more interesting there. Coffee time, here.

Also to contemplate how, in a house full of sedate colors, it's even *possible* for a bright blue fuzzy static duster to keep disappearing....

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-11-2011 at 11:50 AM.
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It seems things dematerialize temporarily here too ... just a harmless disturbance in the space-time continuum I'm sure
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you have a cat, RML? One of ours has a strange "thing" for the duster.
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Off to get our 1 in 85,900,584 chance of winning $50,000,000.00 Well we will actually buy a few tickets so increase our odds signficantly !! (like the odds of being hit by lightening while holding a harliess simease cat with one blue eye and one fuchia kinda improvement (won't burn any bridges quite yet though)

Last edited by daacon; 03-11-2011 at 03:32 PM.
03-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Do you have a cat, RML? One of ours has a strange "thing" for the duster.
Heh, sadly, no kitties. I adore them, (well, pretty much any animal, honestly) but my sweetie's badly-allergic. Or else there'd proabably be two, in particular, one of whom could *be* a static duster.

We're really hoping we can get a doggie next place we live, though. I could use the help with the housework. And stuff.

If not, maybe rats. I need the company.
03-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #59
Veteran Member

More Updates from the Coastal Ridges

A joint DEA/BATF task force stormed the Scartop Ranch spread over on Cazadero Ridge last week. Three acres of sinsimella were confiscated, along with two flare pistols, a smudge pot and a Mexican War cannon. The hens were so frightened that they've started laying cammo eggs.

Eckankar recently moved their offices out of the small building on Farmer's Lane they've long shared with the John Birch Society. The local EckMeister said he could no longer stand the "weird" people constantly looking for the American Opinion Bookstore and asking for manuals on explosives, false IDs, net hacking and the Illuminati.

Gearing up for the coming electoral season, the county Republican Party has relocated their campaign headquarters to The Grog Shop on Santa Rosa Ave. The county chairwoman had no comment on the move.

The largest brass-domed Buddhist temple at the monastary on Tin Barn Road was struck by lightning several times yesterday. Three novitiates claimed to have been rapturously enlightened, and moved out. No damage was reported.

The barber in nearby Stewart's Point reports increased head-shavings lately.
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #60
Veteran Member

I just now got my lazy arse out of bed. I was up till like 7AM almost sorting and re-boxing my parents stuff. I have to take a bunch of it to Goodwill shortly actually. I'm sitting here reading as I grab a bagel...