QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Super Chicken.
Hoooray!
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sounds like a tough job.
"Another day, another dollar.", you know. (who was that anyway?)

03-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Speaking of cheerful things, J.

03-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #80
Veteran Member

Another line of work:
03-18-2011, 05:00 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My day, except for the blogging part.

xkcd: Time Management
03-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Ding Ding Ding we have a Winnah! (he got there first, RML, so you get 2nd place)

Always did like the cartoons of those days...

Jim

03-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chicken feather mystery solved (my 2nd floor tenant is a bit strange.)
03-18-2011, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #84
Veteran Member

Yet Another Update from the Coastal Ridges

Davey's Tree Service is finishing up the last of the limb-trimmings and trunk-truncations for damage from the winter storms. The sounds of their powersaws is fading into the distance; and since the summer crowd of tourists hasn't driven in yet, this is the quiet season along the Russian River. Until May.

Old-timers in Sonoma Cownty still mourn the passing of the Brass Ass Saloon, with branches in Cotati and Montgomery Village, and the annual Ass-To-Ass marathon run between them. The optional Half-Ass one-way run was especially popular, with the last arrival winning a full keg.

A giant squid, a huge white sperm whale and several harpooned Orcas were found beached on the sandbar at the mouth of the Russian River yesterday morning. Tracks detected in the sand indicate at least one peg-legged person left the scene. Sheriff's deputies and auxiliaries conducted a hovel-to-hovel search in the nearby hamlet of Jenner but found nobody unimpaired enough to have walked that far.

Deputies responded to a disturbance at the Pink Elephant Tavern in Monte Rio last night. One man, a drifter swinging a pointed stick and cursing, was taken into custody. His identity is unclear; "Call me ISHMAEL" is all he would say. A public defender has been appointed.

Tweekers up in Gualala are getting real nervous about the incoming clouds of Japanese radiation forecast to arrive soon. Jimmy 'Jawbone' Jissum snarled from between his few remaining teeth, "I gotta get me some of that idiodite sh!t right away! I don' wanna be no f*ckiing mootant!" The vestigial head sprouting from his left-most armpit nodded in agreement.

UFO sightings on Mt. Jackson have diminished in recent weeks.
03-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #85
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Chicken feather mystery solved (my 2nd floor tenant is a bit strange.)
I wouldn't worry too much about an occasional feather, but if you start finding whole chickens, there may be a problem.
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I used to have Super Chicken as my Outlook warning sound. It was difficult to ignore.

Richard.
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Fair part of tomorrow to be spent screwing around: 20 kitchen drawer handles need changing.
03-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Fair part of tomorrow to be spent screwing around: 20 kitchen drawer handles need changing.
Well, that can be not too bad a job if they fit like the old ones. Sprucing things up?
03-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, that can be not too bad a job if they fit like the old ones. Sprucing things up?
That would be the idea Actually, the innards of the desk level cabinets were replaced and the handles now mismatch with the doors of the upper level cabinets so the plan is to take the handles of the old ones and put them on the new drawers and the remaining corner cabin door. Replacing shelves with drawers would seem to make a better use of space and is convenient for finding things at a glance . The corner cabinet where this could not be applied now has a nifty mechanism that brings out the shelves from the corner with pots and kettles on them for easy access . Progress
03-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
That would be the idea Actually, the innards of the desk level cabinets were replaced and the handles now mismatch with the doors of the upper level cabinets so the plan is to take the handles of the old ones and put them on the new drawers and the remaining corner cabin door. Replacing shelves with drawers would seem to make a better use of space and is convenient for finding things at a glance . The corner cabinet where this could not be applied now has a nifty mechanism that brings out the shelves from the corner with pots and kettles on them for easy access . Progress
Oh, yeah, I think I know what you're talking about: those are clever.

The dream house will have all kinds of cabinets and shelves and drawers, for someone like me, clutter's pretty inevitable, though a real workshop/darkroom space would help a lot, there.

My screwing-with-things-ness today was limited to those bits of that workstation project I wanted to put in for completeness' sake. I actually resisted a bit of over-building it. Some glue blocks and a couple other pieces added. Posted those photos, though.

I think I'm starting to feel batter after kind of an extended flareup of symptoms. And it's about time: it'd started making me feel pretty confined, there. Maybe can get into a couple of other little projects tomorrow, or go *shooting.*