Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely need to pick a bag of bagels next time I go to the store, haven't had one in ages .

03-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the washing machine has just finished. I'd better go and check.
03-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was thinking about how photographers fit lenses to their creative style--and vice versa. I've got lenses that seem suited in some inexplicable way to the treatment I want for a subject. OTOH I've had some very nice lenses that just didn't work for me.

Nothing earth-shattering--that's why we spend so much time talking about lenses, I guess.
03-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Argh... Doing paperwork for closing a house sale is such a PITA when you're half a continent away, and the closing officer sends the papers late... But, on hte positive side, the house is sold even if it wasn't what we wanted for the price...

Jim

03-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #65
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
But, on the positive side, the house is sold even if it wasn't what we wanted for the price...
Funny how that works, isn't it? The stress relief of having it over and done with always seems to make up for the difference in hoped for and settled for.
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Still More from the wet Coastal Ridges

Last October, this correspondent drove through Roswell NM looking for ETs etc. but the only aliens I saw were Taiwanese, Russian, and German. I guess I caught them at a stopever along their annual migration route from California to wherever.

River sharks haven't put in their appearance at Johnson's Beach in Guerneville, as it isn't canoe season yet. But a few were seen whipping around their spawning grounds on the upper reaches of Russian Gulch, and they seem excessively fast. GONZO from Scartop Farms on Cazadero Ridge thinks he might flushed a bit too much meth into the Gulch drainage during the last BATF raid. "With the quality we've been getting, those boogers'll be a bitch to evade," he opined.

The 5th annual Turf'N'Surf Suicide Bike-a-thon is set for the 2nd weekend of April - tough twisty roads from Healdsburg to Stewart's Point to Jenner to Forestville to Healdsburg. The boys down at Club Forestville are already sharpening their Ben-Hur hubcaps and dreaming of the spandex pelts they'll bag this year. 'Muck' MacGeun still brags of the 5-header he scored along Wolf Creek in '95. "And I'd'a made it 6 if that dwarf hadn't hit the water," he said, downing another mickey of white port and taking aim at a passing unicyclist.

People driving past the old quicksilver mine on Sweetwater Springs Road at night report sounds of activity from the condemned site. UFOs are suspected, although locals say it's just the Kobolds returning.

As the water level receded in the Laguna de Santa Rosa last week, the wreckage of SISTER SUE, a salmon boat out of Half Moon Bay reported missing in January, was found under the Occidental Road viaduct, 20 miles inland. Investigating Sonoma Cownty sheriffs were disappointed at not having any suspects to shoot. No salvage rights have been claimed yet.
03-15-2011, 02:06 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I changed a tire for my father-in-law, yesterday. Not today, though.

03-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
home is where you're most comfortable taking a dump.
Couldn't agree more.
03-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Funny how that works, isn't it? The stress relief of having it over and done with always seems to make up for the difference in hoped for and settled for.
Very true...
03-16-2011, 04:04 AM   #70
Veteran Member

Ok... so it was dark on my way to work this morning. I hate the time change....
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Once upon time I was to prepare to board a cruise ship when it was about to sail up the Amazon to fix a gadget we managed to subcontract to the shipyard . Unfortunately that particular gig got cancelled. Got to spend some time in a "economy" class 25 m2 cabin with a balcony and pretty good room service complete with Cuban stogies on the Baltic and Atlantic though
03-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #72
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mystery

I discovered that somehow, during the day today, chicken feathers have been strewn in my woods down the hillside. It's certainly not the residue of a hawk meal--it looks like the contents of a large pillow. No sign of the pillow case.

Huh.
03-16-2011, 09:24 PM - 1 Like   #73
Veteran Member

Another Update from the Coastal Ridges

Those of us with old leg and other fractures are all groaning tonight, so another low-pressure system must be moving in. We can hardly wait until summer, so we can complain of droughts and fire conditions instead of our aching breaks and fungus farms.

ED "Mucho Minnows" MINKOWSKI, the honorary mayor of Comptche, walked into Dave's Cycle Repairs & Hog Heaven and picked up a crank assembly that DAVE had just finished welding. Then he put it down again, very quickly. DAVE grinned, "Burned yourself, didn't ya." "No," replied Hizzonner, "it just don't take me very long to inspect 'cycle work."

An underground faction of the Cloverdale municipal gov't voted last night to dynamite the recently-completed section of US 101 that totally bypasses the town. Support expected from the Chamber of Commerce was not forthcoming, as the CoC closed its doors last week due to lack of business. Nobody was around to notice.

"F*cking Cloverdale is gonna dry up and blow away" said Ms. HARMONY SUNSHINE of the Geyser Ridge Llama Commune, "and just in time - those town scum have been overcharging us for EVERYTHING, for YEARS. Now their karma's caught up with'em, and they can all kiss Kali. Ommm..."

The Sasquatch pride reported in Goonieville awhile back is suspected of crossing Anderson Valley near Boonville on their way north. The dumpsters behind Boontling Liquors and Ozone Organic Foods were over-turned yesterday, and KEN "Kahuna" KIRBY's prized Hawaiian Koa wood surfboard appears to have been chewed up. KIRBY guesses that he shouldn't have used so much hemp oil in the board's finish.

Comptche is buttoning-up in anticipation of the Sasquatches' arrival.
03-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #74
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Got to spend some time in a "economy" class 25 m2 cabin with a balcony and pretty good room service complete with Cuban stogies on the Baltic and Atlantic though
Sounds like a tough job.
03-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sounds like a tough job.
"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it..."

Quiz time - who said that?

Jim