Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #166
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ahh family and alchohol... what a great mix... as long as no one gets pregnant, let them have it out!

04-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
ahh family and alchohol... what a great mix... as long as no one gets pregnant, let them have it out!
OK, I won't ask how those dots got connected, but as a former wedding photographer, it's the teetotalling families you really gotta watch out for.... Those events can go from studiously-dull to 'Mother of Punk, Now I Know What Belgium Feels Like' over any random thing that may set em off.
04-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #168
Veteran Member

Looking Down on Californication

The national economic crisis has gotten so bad that some corporations are having to stop bribing politicians and judges. Luckily, none around here are worth paying in the first place, so, no loss.

With the great successes of the State Lottery, and Indian Gaming, the California legislature is trying to siphon yet more money away from Nevada, by legalizing prostitution. Also on the agenda (for Revenue Enhancement only) are the legalization of: opiates, slavery, indentures, licensed dueling, and cock- and bear-and-bull-fights. A statewide Suicide Tax is also being considered. If you want to kill yourself for free, just jaywalk in Los Angeles.

Amador's county seat Jackson, which had the last quasi-legal brothels in Calif. (documented by Curt Gentry), is ready to step into the breech - by re-activating the Cat House, the Pussy Palace, and other noted landmarks. Child-labor sweatshops are planned, too, just like in Maine.

When Methodist revivalist Rev.Dr. James A. Goodnight appeared in Amador City in 1852, he preached flame and brimstone. He described the fires of Hell in eloquent and frightening phrases. Suddenly a whiskered miner leaped up in the middle of the congregation, held up his hand to stop the preacher, and announced: "They couldn't be no sitch place — the people wouldn't stand fer it!"

Dry Weather All Around. The Oregonian - learned that California's heat was a 'dry' heat; that Montana's cold was a 'dry' cold; and - was immediately inspired to prove to any one that Oregon's rain was, after all, only a 'dry' rain....
—says A.B. Hulbert (luckily, Western thought is dry)
04-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
OK, I won't ask how those dots got connected, but as a former wedding photographer, it's the teetotalling families you really gotta watch out for.... Those events can go from studiously-dull to 'Mother of Punk, Now I Know What Belgium Feels Like' over any random thing that may set em off.
It's a saying a few of my friends used to use when people would start fighting (using more than words..). Two people would fight and wrestle around.. and our smart assed remarks would always be "Careful one of you are going to end up pregnant!"
But it probably has stronger implications in places like Arkansaw.

04-09-2011, 05:43 AM   #170
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We apologize

for any hope which may have been inspired by this momentary interruption of unremitting gloom. You may now return to your preferred symptoms of depression.

04-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've decided that I really like bok choi.

Richard.
04-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #172
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This stuff?

04-10-2011, 02:33 AM   #173
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
It's a saying a few of my friends used to use when people would start fighting (using more than words..). Two people would fight and wrestle around.. and our smart assed remarks would always be "Careful one of you are going to end up pregnant!"
But it probably has stronger implications in places like Arkansaw.

Where is Arkansaw?

04-10-2011, 04:23 AM   #174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a haircut--way to short. I tell them I like it long but for some reason, barbers insist on making me look desk-job employable. I'm retired: I don't give a $#^(.

Oh well, I'm good until after Labor Day.
04-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #175
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I got a hair cut last Tuesday. The barber did such a good job on that one, I went back Wednesday and had him cut the rest of them.
04-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #176
Veteran Member

I need to start the day ................
04-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #177
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I got a haircut on Friday for my commercial driver's license renewal photo.
It will set me back $180 for 8 years..........
My first thought was "damn! That's an expensive haircut"; but if it last 8 years, I guess it isn't so bad.
04-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #178
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
This stuff?
Nope. This stuff Cooking with Bok Choy

Richard.
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
I've decided that I really like bok choi.
But the question is, does bok choi really like *you*?

Some veggies are rather picky.

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Nope. This stuff Cooking with Bok Choy
"Call any vegetable
Call any vegetable
Call any vegetable
And the chances are good
That a vegetable will respond to you..."

--F.Zappa
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #180
Veteran Member

The Rocky Mountain Canary

The Burro - is a hardy, homely, pathetic, yet ludicrous little chap; an interesting bit player in the colorful drama of the American West. The Burro and the pack train are inseparably linked with the West's early history, especially with the prospector & mining.

This faithful little animal carried the prospecting tools & equipment of the early pioneers, as they searched for precious metals between the Rocky and Sierra Mountains. Also, they worked in the underground mines, pulling tram cars, before the days of electricity and the air tram. In fact, many burros were born underground, and they lived & died there, without ever seeing the light of day.

The little fellow can maneuver over precipitous trails where other transportation fails; he thrives & multiplies where other "critters" starve, - whoever hears his musical bray echoing from the loftiest crags of the highest peaks, appreciates the aptness of his sobriquet, "The Rocky Mountain Canary."

P.S. they like butterscotch
—says K.C., the burro (alpine musician supreme)