Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Pentax, I want my cut!!

So here's my logic as to why Pentax should give me a nice K-5..

I bought my first pentax, a *istDL online in Jan 2009.

I showed it to a friend when it arrived. He liked it so much he ordered one for himself. Then gave that one to his daughter and bought another one for himself. He has outfitted both systems with kit, telephotos and primes.

I upgraded From the DL to a K10D and sold my DL to another friend, I then upgraded to a K20D and sold the K10D to his brother. They have both upgraded with lens purchases and other accessories.

Friend number 3 saw my DL and bought another DL, which he ended up giving to HIS daughter and getting a K20D, then a K-x, a BUNCH of lenses, etc. He's a member of pentaxforums.

Now a friend who is a student bought a used K2000 and I've given him a couple of lenses to get him started..

I work in a building of about 150 people.

As far as I know we have the following DSLR users...
3 canon shooters
2 Nikon Shooters
5 Pentaxians, all descended from my *istDl..

And one more guy looking at a K-x since he's got a load of old lenses.

I want my cut!!!

03-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You went through all of those bodies since january of 2009?! And here I was thinking I was a fickle upgrader!

Actually now that I think of it, I've probably been through more bodies than you and your friends combined, albeit since 2006 (or 05 maybe?). I was hoping Pentax would offer a BOGO on the K5, but no dice - still got it within the first month though, worth every penny.
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
Banned

Original Poster
I've only been DL,K10,K20,K-x....

I've bought and sold a few that I've found online, in pawnshops and on craigslist for profit. Including some of the above...
03-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Inactive Account

The Sad part is you've probably done more Advertising for Pentax in the USA than Pentax. Every one I've sold has gone online. How many of those friends could walk into a shop or store and actually Hold the camera before buying it?

03-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Sad but true Jeff! Unless you pick up a photography magazine, Pentax advertising is all but non-existent in the US. I've seen some up in Canada a couple billboards at least), but none down here...and I live in Minnesota, which is a pretty outdoorsy state, somewhere an outdoor/rugged oriented brand might want to market itself!