Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Konica - Minolta

Will Konica mount fit Pentax K without consequences?
Thanks

10-24-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sorry your question was not answered earlier. Anyway, while I've never tried it personally, I sincerely doubt one could use Minolta or Konica lenses on a Pentax camera. Even if the lens were to actually fit onto the Pentax mount physically, the electrical contacts (location and wiring) would likely be entirely different.

stewart
10-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for taking the time Stewart. I didn't think so but wanted confirmation. I get mixed-up sometimes.
10-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Actually, three weeks ago (before selling the last of my Konica-Minolta equipment), I could have answered your question without any reservations. I had both Pentax and Minolta stuff for some time, but never tried to mix the two. I waited after first seeing your question, hoping someone still owning Minolta equipment would answer after trying it. When some time passed with no response, I then decided to add my one and a half cents worth. Take care.

stewart

10-25-2007, 03:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm going to try to keep this alive just a little longer.

Is there a specific reference resource that can tell which brand will fit onto the Pentax K. I have it somewhere at the back of my mind (the dream part I guess) that there were some which would fit or am I just thinking of the M42.