Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #1

Alaska Trip

Going to Alaska to photograph the grizzlies. I'm interested in knowing what lenses others have used for this type of trip.

03-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I would take a Bigma. Do NOT get too close! Do not try to pet the moose either. More people are killed by moose each year than by rattlesnakes.

Out of curiosity: How will you go? Fly, sail, drive? When there, will you be on your own, with a tour group, or what? Have you photographed large wildlife before?

I drove there a few years ago. Well, it was part of a long trip: Arizona, Guatemala, Honduras, California, Yukon, Alaska, Arizona and California again. Up north, I saw moose, caribou, bald eagles, but just one bear walking along a roadside in Yukon. Don't miss the glaciers! Have fun.
03-19-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Depends where you are going. If you are going to Katmai,
the bigma, if McNiel river, the 55-300 would do. Denali, the
bigma. Don't know about Pack creek.