Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thats could be an indicator that you should consider upgrading your PC.. simple browsers shouldn't take that long to load! Nor should thunderbird.

03-23-2011, 12:10 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I tried Chrome and it was okay. I prefer Firefox. My only complaint about FF is startup time. The time from double-click to up and running is nearly enough to go to lunch. It isn't as bad as its email counterpart though. Some mammal species have shorter gestation times than Thunderbird's startup time.
Show firefox startup is usually the result of a poorly coded add on. Try disabling add ons one at a time starting from the latest installed till you get a fast start up
03-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I've been using Chrome for months. Absolutely love it too.
03-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
Show firefox startup is usually the result of a poorly coded add on. Try disabling add ons one at a time starting from the latest installed till you get a fast start up
Thanks! I'll try that.

03-23-2011, 05:20 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Opera > everything else.

Chrome's got nothing on Opera; Fireslug has even less.
03-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
Banned

I still stick to safari because its fast enough for me and more importantly it has the cleanest interface of all the browsers. (on a mac. on windows, its kind of ugly.) its just very nice to use. and ‘top sites’ is without a doubt the best feature, and something I really cant live without. I keep firefox as a backup and actually spent a good while customizing it to look and act life safari. chrome is fast, but I don’t much like its interface, especially the tabs on top. bleh.
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been using Chrome for years.
The new IE9 isn't bad either. Plus it has colour management now.

03-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I use chrome for surfin, it's so much faster and more reliable. Using Flickr on Firefox has become a joke, a lot of pictures are there, but won't display. I can see them in Chrome or Explorer, I can download them, they just won't display.
Photobucket on Firefox died a long time ago, and not even FF4 has saved that.
03-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On my PC the speed difference btw. FF v. 4 and Chrome v 10 is negligible, and I can see pics on flickr just fine. I'm going to stick with FF, since it doesn't have the privacy issues: Chrome is a security nightmare, indexes your bank accounts | TG Daily
Plus, it simply doesn't display photos in PPG.
03-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I like Opera with some minor complaints but I really like how you have complete control over the speed dial and can add as many dials as you want where as in Chrome it will automatically add the most visited (at least that's what it did when I use to use it before I switched to Opera).
Yay for Opera

Had Chrome at work but I ditched it, forgot why. It didn't have something that Opera had. Speed is about the same, but I find that it crashes a bit more often than Opera.

On the other hand I hate now how I can't type equations and have it calculated by google on address bar in Opera after the latest update. FF and Chrome still does this
03-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Mouse gestures FTW! And other judicious uses of the mouse! Right-click left-click = back, the reverse = forward.

The ability to browse through directories simply by using forward and back is great. I know a guy on Chrome who was bitching about how hard it is to make a function that does that in Chrome - and it's something that Opera's had for years, a long with most of the features Firefox claims.
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Mouse gestures FTW! And other judicious uses of the mouse! Right-click left-click = back, the reverse = forward.

The ability to browse through directories simply by using forward and back is great. I know a guy on Chrome who was bitching about how hard it is to make a function that does that in Chrome - and it's something that Opera's had for years, a long with most of the features Firefox claims.
Ah! yes, gestures. That's why I ditched Chrome. I was thinking that was it but couldn't imagine a browser without gestures.

The remarks about Chrome running better on slower comps is true though. My netbook refuses to run Opera since they updated to version 11. It will just keep crashing. Chrome works fine.