Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." (I. Asimov). I see no reason not to expand the applicable domain of this saying to the verbal violence.

03-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Way to elevate the dialogue, Fontan, though I'm sure that's part of the Religious Right's assessment of the value of women in a seriously-repressed world.
I hold female breasts in the highest of regards, much more so than any single female politician. I have faith in female breasts.
03-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #18
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I hold female breasts in the highest of regards
Did you actually type that with a straight face? I nearly fell off my chair laughing...
03-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Did you actually type that with a straight face? I nearly fell off my chair laughing...
When levitating above all else, nothing seems funny any more.

03-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hold female breasts in the highest of regards, much more so than any single female politician. I have faith in female breasts.
Ok - but don't hold them too long - eh!!
03-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #21
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevewig Quote
Ok - but don't hold them too long - eh!!
......or without permission.
03-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
I think she is searching the world for the latest in De-Witching technology.
Reimported some from missionary-instigated African witch hunts, which I assure you are more than rhetorical for the women and children involved. Somehow this just refused to make many waves in the corporate media when all they could talk about what some Righty's fears about what church Obama went to.

Part of what the same agendas have been about with the pogroms in Uganda.

Palin's lot are what they call 'Third Wave' evangelicals, they believe in 'prayer warfare,' essentially claiming to curse people they don't like, cause disasters, while of course labeling people as part of their Devil's influence on the world, and generally thinking that it 'proves' something when it backfires. But it shows the malice and hysteria they're trying to raise, and with real money, real power, and real guns involved, it's a lot less funny.

Witch-hunts of this sort are mostly about undermining the *trust* civilized life is built upon, then hoping to capitalize on the mess with illusions that they'll set themselves up as some kind of self-righteous holy warlords if they succeed in creating enough misery, fear, and anger.

Sound familiar? That's what 'terrorism' tries to do.

Anyway, these groups are usually dismissed by the mainstream/generally-but-not-crazily-conservative Christians as embarrassing kooks, ..which is fair enough, but the real and undue money and power and influence these types exert on a lot of agendas, even via those Kochs, creating a bunch of legitimate sounding 'think-tanks' and 'associations' that you see on the corporate news all the time, actually manufacturing a lot of the bad science and general hatefulness a lot of people who wouldn't consider themselves 'dominionists' are actually out there repeating on the Net, on the news, and in the halls of our government.

As for breasts, I kinda like them, too, but Palin's an example of the misogyny behind her version of 'feminism' which is apparently all about 'Being good for nothing but showing blah.' The fact that that's her agenda for almost all *other* women, just makes her a Judas mare. Still not-cool, but if anyone deserved that treatment, she'd be right up there on the list.

There's some pretty high-handed tokenism in the GOP: yeah, you can be a woman or minority, but you have to be a right-wing Christian and a) agree with the party line on everything, including their wars on 'your own kind' while b) Being even more hardline about things that would be obviously bigoted if they were said or suggested by the usual old white guys.

03-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #23
Site Supporter

I find her to be a caricature of everything that is wrong in American politics today.
The sad part is, she has a publicist.
Closed Thread