Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Sarah Palin is praying at the Western Wall and visiting Benjamin Netanyahu.

Sarah Palin?s Israel Trip: How it Affects Her 2012 Game - The Daily Beast

03-21-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What did she pray for? Another 180k in free wardrobe upgrades?
03-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What did she pray for? Another 180k in free wardrobe upgrades?
I'm pretty sure no one living there wants to know.

A profitable apocalypse after amassing world domination, probably.

Conversion of the Jews? Some of em, anyway?

She's one of those Dominionist types, and they generally support Israel, not cause they *like* Israel, but cause they believe that temple needs to be rebuilt so the world can end and their Jesus can come back.

Really it's about publicity that can be spun different ways to different audiences.
03-21-2011, 07:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wish she would flash her tits. About the only thing she is good for.

03-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Way to elevate the dialogue, Fontan, though I'm sure that's part of the Religious Right's assessment of the value of women in a seriously-repressed world.
03-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I share a low opinion of her as a "celebrity" or whatever (and even lower as a political player), Fontan, but I think that sort of comment is really inappropriate--especially here.
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I share a low opinion of her as a "celebrity" or whatever (and even lower as a political player), Fontan, but I think that sort of comment is really inappropriate--especially here.

To be honest, Dadi, when it comes down to it, the Religious Right's 'tokenism' repeatedly appeals to just such base stuff, even when trying to claim that repressing others somehow makes for any kind of good government.

It's clear that she's not the only one seen as 'attractive' on mere physical attributes, combined with, what, agreeing with guess who when it comes to taking the rights away from other women, complete with frissons of moralistic control.

Over women.

If they'll indulge my bluntness, here, she's supplying the B**** in 'The B****es are asking for it.' If not the 'asking for it.'

And prudery, isn't 'respect for women.' Nor is saying, 'Fundamentalist former weather-readers can succeed, too, as long as they don't show a brain in their heads, look good, have babies, and attack other women, and call it 'success,' when they're applauded by guys who, do, yeah, attack Democratic women for not fitting that model while praising *that* as 'A model woman.'

*Especially* not when the difference between, "Show us your t**s" and 'Somehow Presidential Material' is all about obedience *to* misogynistic ideologies, *not* reading books or knowing anything but snark and coy smirks, and playing to some whacked-out fantasies. From Ann Coulter to Michelle Bachmann to Christine O'Donnell.

Notice a similarity there?

Compared to how they treat women who *are competent,* about physical attributes?

Speaking of nostalgia for past times, this is *late-80's-early Nineties stuff, here, kids.*

If for some reason *I* found myself in elected office and someone said, 'Show us your breasts,' I'd have half a mind to tear my blouse open and say, "OK. Seen it? Now can we talk about the metrics of social and economic policy, or do you boys need some private time?"

Where a lot of *that* goes, really, is *tokenism.* If you look at nearly any Republican candidate that's not an old white guy, be they a woman, a black man, someone whose ancestors were from India, anyone, they *are only allowed to be taken seriously if they perform in certain Religious Right party-lockstep ways.*

This includes this certain breed of 'sex-appeal' 'MILF' type women. They *like* em rabidly-ideological, whatever passes for 'sexy' and... Not too bright. Or at least freakin' crazy and willfully-ignorant.

Look at who they choose to represent them, ...it's not Olympia Snowe, or some very respectable Congresswomen who, despite not being people I agree with any more than the *average* Republican, run to the competent. And also aren't always so easy to control. They choose 'M. I. L. F.'

Expand the last three letters of that and just meditate on that as a criterion for governing this nation. 'I would vote for this woman and call it 'the new feminism because, I. L. F.'

Winning equation,, there?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-21-2011 at 10:29 AM.
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote

03-21-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

We should start a new thread where we can say what we really think of Sarah Pallin. She reminds me of the stipper who used to run for mayor every year in Toronto, running on a platform of legalizing prostitution for the Libertarian party.

I don't care if it's offensive, it's who she reminds me of, except, the stripper was more eloquent. Now I know self censorship is a wonderful thing, but if she wants more favourable comment, she should try becoming a decent person, and having an opinion other than, "the other guy sucks". That's not an opinion, that's an admission of incompetence. There are few things in this world as offensive as Sarah Palin, above statement included. She has insulted me indirectly way more than I've said anything about her. This post doesn't even begin to catch up.

The above photo shows what Sarah Really thinks of the American flag. It's good for covering up her privates. Tell me I'm not supposed to wonder if she lowers the flag at sundown?
03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

OK, can I beg some leeway from the mods on rude words, here?

I put a little extra effort into my rant above, and it appears we're still dealing with Beavis+Butthead+Photoshop+Certain circularly-engaged activities which don't imply governance by the learned consent of an informed populace, here.

Though I suspect the results are uncannily-similar.

I might add, by the way, that if it starts with Sarah Palin and Jerusalem and ends up with me calling you Wally on the *first page,* there may be some divergence here on the point of "Governments we respectively deserve." Whatever the Hel I did in past lives, I don't think the government I deserve is actually like 'Savaranola meets Porky's II.'

Dig?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-21-2011 at 10:44 AM.
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Sorry Jogiba - the bottom one was "photoshop'd":

see: Google Image Result for http://tubegator.com/content/uploads/bikini-gun_fake_original.jpg
03-21-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

This is P&R, live with it. If you want to play here, then posts like this are part of the territory. Take it up with the member via PM if you find it offensive. So the discussion will continue.
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Site Supporter

I think she is searching the world for the latest in De-Witching technology.
03-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Banned

Joker Palin

03-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Way to elevate the dialogue, Fontan, though I'm sure that's part of the Religious Right's assessment of the value of women in a seriously-repressed world.
Actually, Rat, it's the ultimate insult, and Palin is well deserving of it.
Closed Thread