Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I too will be happy to see the Bloq get brought down. I am always driven nuts by a federal separatist party. (what an oxymoron that is). I'm glad Jack has addressed some of the issues though. I was happy to see the Bloq trot out parizeau as well, hurt them even more he's a dinosaur. next they will dig up Rene's bones and trot them around - and I actually liked Rene and admired him, something I can't say for many politicians now)

04-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #92
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
At least Rene stood for something. I didn't agree with what he stood for, but he wasn't just an unprincipled power hungry idiot.
Exactly why i liked the man. Principles and actual beliefs are rare in politics now. His ideas weren't good for Canada (though there is still an argument to be made for them for Quebec that I understand. I took a position in a University course arguing for Rene and against Trudeau and Mulroney. not a popular position, but i argued it well enough to win the debate
05-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Go Jack Go
05-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #94
Pentaxian

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I can't wait for the polls to close. If the cons win and continue to pack the Senate with old reformers, it will be the end of Canada as we know it. If the NDP can form a government, with Jack Layton being a real NDPer unlike Bob Rae who was a Liberal, then NDP , then Liberal again (talk about someone with suspicious principals) Jack was is a reala NDPer. And has gone through the gristmill of civic politics, with absolutely no room for the pie in the sky ideological nonsense that used to run in NDP circles. Wouldn't it be fun to see Premier Bob as a coalition cabinet minister in a Jack Layton government?

As long as Stephen Harper doesn't use his 37% of the vote to impose 5 more years of radical right ideology on the majority of Canada, I don't care who wins. And as many have pointed out in the Star, the liberals are no longer needed. Jack Layton is centre of the road enough to occupy the left, Harper has the right. What need is there for a Liberal Party at all?

05-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Supposedly I missed seeing Jack by a matter of minutes at the St. Lawrence Market yesterday while he was getting some last second campaigning in. I even had a camera (or 3) on me. Justin Trudeau robo-called my house last night to support the local liberal, but in a riding where the Conservatives won by 20 000 votes last time I don't expect the calls will do him much good. The local NDP candidate skipped all of the candidate debates and couldn't be bothered to respond to the local paper until the last week of the campaign, so I'm looking forward to seeing her in distant 4th behind the Greens (who ran a better campaign than the Liberals in this riding).
05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #96
Veteran Member

This Layton guy seems like basically the best dude.