Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Napoleon XIV was...peculiar, i'll look more into them they got me intrigued

NXNE is definitely good.That girl has too many bands..liked them all pretty much.

the "slow side of venetian snares...what a great remix.

Their "kind of" Hard side...not suitable for people with heart afflictions or those who don't like fast paced, lunatic, techno music.(if you like this kind of breakcore they got more speedy and crazy stuff like the chocolate wheelchair album.)

And for those that don't like tecno music some experimental analog one:
Fred frith
(favourite song from him)
Discovered him when a friend showed me "Step across the border" documentary, great film, they show how his life turns around music and the playfull and experimenting aproach he has towards music.

04-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I liked very much blues in bob minor...

QuoteOriginally posted by Talisker Quote
Don't do You Tube (life is too short...)
if you think of more good stuff like that song let us know (you coul do some youtube to post the vids...but if you defitely don't want we can do the searching)
04-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
one of my favourite hardcore acts 7 Seconds

words to live by at 50 i guess

YouTube - 7 Seconds - Young ' Till I Die

edit for some reason the link only is showing today
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #34
Veteran Member

04-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
one of my favourite hardcore acts 7 Seconds

words to live by at 50 i guess

YouTube - 7 Seconds - Young ' Till I Die

edit for some reason the link only is showing today
Eh, darnit, I keep forgetting you can't reply without cutting off embedded songs you're playing.

I didn't think anyone remembered 7 Seconds. (I may still have one of their T-shirts, decently-preserved since it looked utterly abominable on me. )

Always liked their sound, though some of their lyrics proved disappointing once I got better speakers going.

Heh. Look what I found while looking for 'You Live and Die For Freedom'

Ah, the oldies.
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Eh, darnit, I keep forgetting you can't reply without cutting off embedded songs you're playing.

I didn't think anyone remembered 7 Seconds. (I may still have one of their T-shirts, decently-preserved since it looked utterly abominable on me. )

Always liked their sound, though some of their lyrics proved disappointing once I got better speakers going.

Heh. Look what I found while looking for 'You Live and Die For Freedom'

YouTube - Descendents - Wendy

Ah, the oldies.
Ha been a long time since i thought of them. 7 seconds still tour though musically they have changed a bit. still the brothers but the rest of the band has changed
i was listening to them at work and though i should post a tune and that was the one playing. Like the sound they were always a little on the straight edge side for me though (particularly in the eighties when i was a long way from straight edge
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Ha been a long time since i thought of them. 7 seconds still tour though musically they have changed a bit. still the brothers but the rest of the band has changed
i was listening to them at work and though i should post a tune and that was the one playing. Like the sound they were always a little on the straight edge side for me though (particularly in the eighties when i was a long way from straight edge
Yeah, we had alternative lyrics to some Minor Threat songs, I was once known for my rendition of one, it went, 'I've got the straight edge,' *hic* I've got the *straight edge, *hic*...'

There was some great surfeit of silliness, there, but I still don't lace my boots up all the way.

Ah, the 'lace laws,' It's how I somehow managed to develop an eye for social politics. It's as well we got it out of the way.

Heh. Pinning mikes like it was meant to be.

'Out on the road today, I saw a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac:'

Heh, speaking of Black Flag, not getting it, and lace laws, check out this dweeb in the white braces:

He'd be fighting a war he can't win from both sides of what those meant. I think I'd be like, 'Child, I'm going to give you the gift of either a nobler understanding of your ethnic heritage, or, failing that, epaulets which I will staple *down* if you hope to survive to become a music critic.'

Yes, I know there are a limited number of people in the world right now who'll have any idea what I'm talking about, there, or admit to it if they happen to be in office or business) but so it is. I'm proud to have personally scared the... (vernacular word for yellow water) out of a famous racist skin who thought he could put on a suit and grow his hair out and spin the same crap for the Young Republicans, just by saying, 'Hi.' (The local sharps had dubbed me 'The Killer Bunny' around then.) He was... about as short as I'd expected.

And, of course, apparently not so tough on his own.

All the things he wanted, apparently no match for a stripe of eyeliner, a dangerous smirk, a fixed eye, and ...

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-07-2011 at 11:24 AM.
04-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you’re looking for something different you can’t forget Einstürzende Neubauten.
I saw them at Expo 86 in Vancouver and I think they have been around for 30 years now.

Also one of my all time favorites, Dead Can Dance.

Phil.

Last edited by gofour3; 04-07-2011 at 11:49 AM.
04-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ersustunde neubaten...if you like them you gotta see Sogo Ishii's Halber mensch.
On the punk venues (one from the Crass great "***** envy" album)

And my favourite punk song:
"i search the trash for something better
i search the trash for something new
i search the trash fot the solution"
Great song to sing while skipping.

(the ohh sees was cool...
descendents...well never got used to that american kind of sound... reminds me of skater "punk")
04-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Love neubaten, met Blixa a couple of times
they were just here for 2 nights in december, a big show and a smaller club show back to back
Black Flag were great, Henry is no longer doing any music tours just the spoken word thing (that's ok his angry rants are great)

my favourite first gen Toronto band the ugly (with someone subbing for the long dead singer, and another first gen guitarist stepping in for the dead guitarist)

For my money it was always the bass drums that made this band. i took up bass because of this guy

04-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #41
Veteran Member

and you gotta love peter murphy doing iggy

04-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
If you’re looking for something different you can’t forget Einstürzende Neubauten.
I saw them at Expo 86 in Vancouver and I think they have been around for 30 years now.
I always had this concept band I could never get together, but had the stickers all thought out for: ' Farfurgnugende Neubauten. '

I do think they sold more t-shirts than albums, kinda like (but not) the Misfits now that someone bought out the franchise (I understand a similar fate befell 'Megadeth,' only with the original artists being all Christian Metal now, who saw that coming... ) but I did like 'Vanadium I Ching.'

Speaking of Black flag stickers on Cadillacs, I was *wondering* why there was Misfits paraphernalia on sale in some gas-station foodmart outside Madison some years ago: Seems to be something from which little good came but maybe *this:*

Fun song.

But while the merchandising was in litigation, Danzig was coming out whith an album full of *this* (And I think this one's wasted on a male vocalist.)

04-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can't stand the misfits...all the aesthetic without the DIY and change philosophy is a bit too much for me, that and the fact that they are rightwingers...same thing with the exploited.
Danzig was cool. had not heard them before..another one to the list

describes how you can get to feel after a day biking in madrid

And the Fall:
04-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Coeurdechene Quote
Ersustunde neubaten...if you like them you gotta see Sogo Ishii's Halber mensch.
On the punk venues (one from the Crass great "***** envy" album)
YouTube - Crass- Poison In A Pretty Pill

And my favourite punk song:
YouTube - Eskorbuto - Busco en la basura
"i search the trash for something better
i search the trash for something new
i search the trash fot the solution"
Great song to sing while skipping.

(the ohh sees was cool...
descendents...well never got used to that american kind of sound... reminds me of skater "punk")
Crass video was good!

Vancouver had a great “alternative” scene in the late 1970’s and early 80’s.
(DOA, Subhumans, Pointed Sticks, Dishrags, Young Canadians, Modernettes to name a few)

Here are a couple gems from those good old days!

Phil.
04-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Coeurdechene Quote
Can't stand the misfits...all the aesthetic without the DIY and change philosophy is a bit too much for me, that and the fact that they are rightwingers...same thing with the exploited.
Nah, it's *not* the same thing with the Exploited. (Except inasmuch as people often missed out on the fact that neither was intended to be taken that *seriously.* Not sure the kids quite get that bit. The Misfits were three-cord rock about *horror movies.* Gods. Kids. It's called *fun.* )

QuoteQuote:
Danzig was cool. had not heard them before..another one to the list

It was pretty much downhill after his original album. But if you ever find 'Black Aria,' that's an interesting thing.

*narrowing eyebrow and checking Youtube.....* This is to say, not that came on bad quality cassette. He like hired an orchestra and some of those cassettes all you can hear is a Casio.

Speaking of things we listened to when the merchandising wasn't so thick:

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-07-2011 at 03:23 PM.