Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Holy crap! We had storms...

Yesterday while at work we had a nice set of storms come through. In fact I spent my (late) lunch hour eating pizza in one of our storm shelter rooms while watching the stuff roll through on the national weather service site. We also lost power at work, though the emergency backup kept our wireless network going and a little bit of lighting going as well. I got to thinking about getting pictures of storm damage after work. I had no idea the damage came to my place. Yep, it was either straight line winds or a small tornado. I took craptastic pics yesterday with a crappy little camera because my Kx is not waterproof, but today I got some decent ones, and I stuck them here.

Storms - Scotty's Everything Spot

Anyone else get nailed yesterday? Ohh, the apartment building with the missing end is the one I live in.

04-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow! Looks like some storm. Hope your apartment is ok.
04-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oof, well, glad everyone seems to be OK where you are, Scotty: I was all battened down here, and I mostly stayed up for it: Thunder put on quite a show, but that was about all we got in my neighborhood, but some wind, for the most part.

Not much to see, here, but they sure do make one wish for sound-recording. (How would one even do it, spread out a surround-sound setup?) Marvellous, though.

Weather guys kept losing power and signal, though, so I was watching. Thunder set off some alarms, when one boomed nearby, but that was about all.
04-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
More severe storms for Sunday evening! Ohh joy!. Hopefully no more problems here though.

04-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You know, ever since I bought my new car last year, I've been super paranoid about hail storms. This afternoon, we had a doozy. Everywhere around me it measured between two and three inch diameter. A tornado thrown in for good measure too. No was was my car leaving the garage. Funny, in my immediate area, we had none. Had I been out and about, I'm sure I would have been pounded. I guess this stuff happens when it reaches above 80f in April.

It's cooling off now headed for the more normal 40's tonight. I do hate hail!!

Larry
04-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
You know, ever since I bought my new car last year, I've been super paranoid about hail storms. This afternoon, we had a doozy. Everywhere around me it measured between two and three inch diameter. A tornado thrown in for good measure too. No was was my car leaving the garage. Funny, in my immediate area, we had none. Had I been out and about, I'm sure I would have been pounded. I guess this stuff happens when it reaches above 80f in April.

It's cooling off now headed for the more normal 40's tonight. I do hate hail!!

Larry
I'm really fond of carports, partly for that reason. (And cause in sunnier months, I can work *outside* despite the sun sensitivity. It's a thing of goodness. ) I think if we end up back North I'd be tempted to build a super-strong one. (For the inevitable snow-loads)