Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Who said there was a point? :confused2: It was all in response to Fontan's equally pointless comment "You mean that deer in the headlight guy who could not speak in full sentences? "

BTW, Tom, only one of them was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.
(Hint: It wasn't GWB)
On a near party line vote, and neither was convicted, to keep the pointless recitations of selective history going.

04-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #47
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
On a near party line vote, and neither was convicted, to keep the pointless recitations of selective history going.
And a fine job you're (we're) doing!

knightonhorse
04-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter

BTW, Tom, only one of them was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice.
And only one of them got away with ordering the murder of more Iraqis than Saddam Hussein himself.
Which speaks very poorly of the justice system, and the military as well as the President.
(Hint: It wasn't Clinton)
04-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Oh jeez, you all keep talking about the big dicks in the white house... while here's Bristol... now what's the story on how much that organization that paid her big bucks actually used to do it's stated goal... something like $35k? In other words, a non profit that spends almost all of its money on its own operations (and paying its own employees and stars) and the smallest token amount to those it pretends to serve... there's a term for that... wait... nah, the moment passed.

Go on, talk impeaching presidents and other such crimes... never mind Bristol...

04-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Who said there was a point? :confused2: It was all in response to Fontan's equally pointless comment "You mean that deer in the headlight guy who could not speak in full sentences? "

Oh, come on, dude. My response is never ever pointless!
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM   #51
Veteran Member

This thread was much better when it was about Bristol.

Jason
04-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Oh jeez, you all keep talking about the big dicks in the white house... while here's Bristol... now what's the story on how much that organization that paid her big bucks actually used to do it's stated goal... something like $35k? In other words, a non profit that spends almost all of its money on its own operations (and paying its own employees and stars) and the smallest token amount to those it pretends to serve... there's a term for that... wait... nah, the moment passed.
The term is appropriate, and as I said before, common. My experiences working with small charities has involved similar experiences even without the celebrity. Again, we should rethink the tax deductions.

04-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The term is appropriate, and as I said before, common. My experiences working with small charities has involved similar experiences even without the celebrity. Again, we should rethink the tax deductions.
Or, rethink who gets to claim themselves as charities.
04-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #54
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Or, rethink who gets to claim themselves as charities.
That is the solution. It seems like "charity", with respect to tax exempt status, is a pretty broad term.
04-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #55
Veteran Member

It seems to me that those among us who say that there is a difference between government "giving" to help the less fortunate and charity should question any charitable deduction. By making some forms of completely voluntary eleemosynary spending tax-deductible, you are making the government (or the rest of us who have to make up the taxes) give along with the individual.

I, for one, do not want my government to give to certain churches and mosques in which I don't believe, and I don't want a tax subsidy of feckless abstinence projects in the same way that many don't want support of birth control.

Last edited by GeneV; 04-11-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Closed Thread