Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
End of the world predictions over a couple thousand years.

04-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I saw a van parked on the side of the road the other day that said it's going to happen May 21st.
Think of all the unmanned vehicles coming at you on the freeway! Maybe I should just stay home that day.
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Eh, Shiner, that's not even a tenth of em. For these types, the 'end of the world' is always somewhere between 'Tomorrow, you sinners,' 'Glorious war of conversion/conquest' and any unconceived-of-never-mind-considered- moment of 'Err, OK, what *now?*'

Dateline: 'Armageddon.' RML, petsitting, skritches kitty, says, 'Don't worry, you aren't the only ones who think their poop just disappears.'
04-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Eh, Shiner, that's not even a tenth of em. For these types, the 'end of the world' is always somewhere between 'Tomorrow, you sinners,' 'Glorious war of conversion/conquest' and any unconceived-of-never-mind-considered- moment of 'Err, OK, what *now?*'

Dateline: 'Armageddon.' RML, petsitting, skritches kitty, says, 'Don't worry, you aren't the only ones who think their poop just disappears.'
Maybe some of the more profitable ones. The Jehovah's Witness mega-cult has fleeced their flock repeatedly that way.

04-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
"When all the Christians on the planet disappear, there will certainly be massive confusion. However, the majority of people will still be on earth, and communications will be their first priority to maintain. "

And the last is to go looking for someone's pet.
LOL

To be fair though, 144,000 people being sucked in to the sky isn't going to have that much effect on the earth I wouldn't have thought.

I mean, a lot of us are going to feel pretty stupid, but I expect the phones will still work.
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Northern Soul Quote
LOL

To be fair though, 144,000 people being sucked in to the sky isn't going to have that much effect on the earth I wouldn't have thought.

I mean, a lot of us are going to feel pretty stupid, but I expect the phones will still work.

Heh, I suppose that'd much depend on how useful they're making themselves. Course, if they specialize in selling tickets to overbooked imaginary trains, nah, who'd miss em?
Closed Thread