Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Incumbents

Congressman Levin is one reason I dismiss out hand any suggestion to vote out all incumbents.
He has done his job well and calls 'em as he sees 'em.
As honest a politician as you will find.

Goldman Misled Congress After Duping Clients: Levin - Bloomberg

04-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
Congressman Levin is one reason I dismiss out hand any suggestion to vote out all incumbents.
He has done his job well and calls 'em as he sees 'em.
As honest a politician as you will find.

Goldman Misled Congress After Duping Clients: Levin - Bloomberg
So a democrat is going after his own. Gotta love it.

Actually the mess is spread over both parties. So there is no net sum gain for either side. Red or Blue they're all rotten.
04-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
What about business men who make their money from tax payers.
Are they rotten too?
04-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
...or heroic Robin Hoods that take from the Man to liberate the funds into Private Enterprise!

04-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

What about business men who make their money from tax payers.
Are they rotten too?
It depends Shooz. Are they supplying a good product at a fair price? If so then what's wrong with that? $400 hammers are a ripoff of course. As are $200 toilet seats.
Obviously a dig at me Shooz. But I sell my product to the Fed for a lot less than what I sell it to other countries for. I make a lot more from (well the company makes a lot more. My gross salary was $1.00 in 2010) foreign government than from the US. But then I am grateful to this country.

How about you Shooz? Did you really earn the money the union got you?
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I earned every dime, John.
Who determines "fair price"?
Such a sham.
04-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I earned every dime, John.
Who determines "fair price"?
Such a sham.
Really? You did? How do you justify that?

I can justify what I charge for my product. I can justify what I pay my employees. I can justify whether they get a raise or not. How do you justify a union salary? The employer was strong armed into that wage. How do you justify it then? Note: We are talking union salary not safety guidelines the unions may have fought for. With that I would more than likely find little argument.

04-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
John?
It's called physical labor.
A foreign concept, perhaps?

Justify away John. I'd like to hear that.
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

John?
It's called physical labor.
A foreign concept, perhaps?

Justify away John. I'd like to hear that.

I asked you first to justify how much you got paid as a union worker. Did you go to school for your job? Or was it OTJ training. (On the job training. Thought I'd save you from having to google it) How do you justify your salary and your benefits? And if you weren't union would the job have been worth as much? Would your services have been better provided at a lower overall cost?

Here's your freebie.

I pay my employees very well. How do I know? Because I know what they can make at another place and I pay better than that. Why you may ask?
Because these people are some of the best, if not the best in their fields. I want them. It's cheaper to pay them what they want than to have to hire and train someone else and get clearance for them. Most have been with me for a long time. As I've said in another post I don't ever want to hold them back. They are over the age of majority. i am not their father. They can go and work anyplace else they choose. Yet they don't. And I really don't think it's all about the money either. And Shoozie, They threw me one hell of a birthday party this year.

Last edited by JohnInIndy; 04-14-2011 at 01:21 PM.
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I started at $4.50hr in 1976. Loaded racks with finished axle shafts in a 90 degree heat wave.
Of my own volition I helped the inspector insure that they were properly machined.
I did that kind of thing until the day I retired.

Before I retired we had a many problems with out sourced shafts from a non-union supplier.
Caused several line stoppages.

So, yeah, we are worth the money.

Do you really think all manual labor should be low paid?
04-14-2011, 01:23 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
What has any of this to do with malfeasance at Goldman?
Where they worth the money?
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I started at $4.50hr in 1976. Loaded racks with finished axle shafts in a 90 degree heat wave.
Of my own volition I helped the inspector insure that they were properly machined.
I did that kind of thing until the day I retired.

Before I retired we had a many problems with out sourced shafts from a non-union supplier.
Caused several line stoppages.

So, yeah, we are worth the money.

Do you really think all manual labor should be low paid?
Not in the least. I think in many instances good hard manual labor should be highly rewarded. And good workers should be rewarded with good pay, benefits, or whatever is to the mutual benefit of the employer and the employee. Sometimes an employee would rather time off or flex time instead of a few dollars a week. When I was an employee at times that was the more important of the 2.

So you think it was because your shop was union the work was inferior? It couldn't have been a company that wasn't worth using? So everything that is union is good? Might want to look at GM cars back in the early 80's. They pretty much sucked wind.
04-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
Veteran Member

What has any of this to do with malfeasance at Goldman?
Where they worth the money?
Why don't you ask Pharaoh Obama? They donated a ton to his campaign.
04-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just avoid the dialog, John?

I'll be voting for Levin in the next election too.
04-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
Pentaxian

While the majority of people will agree with this in principle, they aren't likely to do it on election day. They want the other incumbents out, just not their own. Most voters rate their representatives on the amount of pork they bring home to their districts. The same thing applies. Spend the money on our roads and bridges and the heck with everybody else.
Closed Thread