Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Tax Returns

Well Pharaoh Obama didn't make as much this year. Guess everybody that wanted his book bought it last year. Have to congratulate him on his charitable giving though.
Biden however is a cheapskate. But why did he take a salary? It's not like he didn't make enough from book sales after all. Personally I think he made 1.4 million too much. How much money does he really need? Or is it just other wealthy people who actually worked that make too much?

Well in Pharaoh's speech last week he talked about tax cuts for people like him. So how much of a check did he stroke in addition to what he owed? (Actually didn't he get money back) Did he not take deductions he could have? Or did he take every one he could legally take?
Hannity had a liberal on recently who wanted to pay more in taxes. So why didn't he stroke the check to the IRS? Well it seems as though he would if he could be sure the money would go to the debt and not be wasted.

04-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
John, bless you....

The same reason you foaming-mouth tea-baggers don't personally refuse government services and benefits.
04-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
John, bless you....

The same reason you foaming-mouth tea-baggers don't personally refuse government services and benefits.
Seems you get it wrong. We feel that there are certain things that need to be done by a central authority. Roads, defense come to mind. And we have no problem paying taxes for that and the personnel to administer them. What we have problems with is the constant waste of money by both sides. And truthfully the Republicans that we sent to DC are starting to piss me off. How dare they compromise like they have. Sending cuts that yield only a few measly million? That's not what we sent them up there for.

However Obama did say he didn't need the tax cut. Well he inferred it anyway. So why didn't he stroke the check? It's perfectly allright for Pharaoh to do it after all. And what about all you others? When are you sending in your checks? Better yet when are the 48% of the population that pays no taxes going to start paying their fair share? Why does 5% of the population have to cover over 50% of it?
04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
How dare they compromise like they have. Sending cuts that yield only a few measly million? That's not what we sent them up there for.
You do understand that nothing really happens without compromise, right? There aren't 100 senators from the same party...

Better yet when are the 48% of the population that pays no taxes going to start paying their fair share? Why does 5% of the population have to cover over 50% of it?
You mean like GE, or a number of other corporations that don't pay any tax? As far as the 5/50% idea, well, those numbers do mirror somewhat the amount of wealth that 5% controls.

04-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member

........... Better yet when are the 48% of the population that pays no taxes going to start paying their fair share? Why does 5% of the population have to cover over 50% of it?
Morning John!

Why don't you ask people like GE this question, instead of all the good tax payers on this forum?

Incidentally, where did you get that title Pharaoh from?
(Sounds like something from ancient Egypt to me)
04-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like the quote from Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Goes well with this one: "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." (Albert Einstein)
04-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Probably some strange twist on something like Fair Obama (I have no specific reference) that some people probably think is witty or smart (like Obama was supposed to be fair, but he is an oppressive dictator so lets call him pharaoh) and they smile and wink when it is actually completely meaningless and unintelligent.

The sad thing on John's tax comment is that the top 5% probably could easily cover 50% of government expenses without batting an eyelash and still take home more than the other 95. John probably thinks someday he'll be in that 5% himself, that is what they sell these days.

04-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
I like the quote from Einstein: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Goes well with this one: "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." (Albert Einstein)
Which also goes well with:

“A man is about as big as the things that make him angry” (Winston Churchill)
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
You do understand that nothing really happens without compromise, right? There aren't 100 senators from the same party...

You mean like GE, or a number of other corporations that don't pay any tax? As far as the 5/50% idea, well, those numbers do mirror somewhat the amount of wealth that 5% controls.
We should ask GE. You know as well as I do it won't happen. Not with all the $$$ they gave to Obama.
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Probably some strange twist on something like Fair Obama (I have no specific reference) that some people probably think is witty or smart (like Obama was supposed to be fair, but he is an oppressive dictator so lets call him pharaoh) and they smile and wink when it is actually completely meaningless and unintelligent.

The sad thing on John's tax comment is that the top 5% probably could easily cover 50% of government expenses without batting an eyelash and still take home more than the other 95. John probably thinks someday he'll be in that 5% himself, that is what they sell these days.

We could tax the top 5% 100% we'd still be 2 trillion in the hole.

While I am not in the top 5% I do pretty well for myself. Well except for this year. I made $1.00
I have no desire to be in the 5%. That life has its own perils. I have almost all I want. and I employee quite a few people in 2 states. I don't retire because I enjoy what I do. And I won't sell the company.

Last edited by JohnInIndy; 04-20-2011 at 12:29 PM.
04-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Seems you get it wrong. We feel that there are certain things that need to be done by a central authority. Roads, defense come to mind. And we have no problem paying taxes for that and the personnel to administer them. What we have problems with is the constant waste of money by both sides. And truthfully the Republicans that we sent to DC are starting to piss me off. How dare they compromise like they have. Sending cuts that yield only a few measly million? That's not what we sent them up there for.

However Obama did say he didn't need the tax cut. Well he inferred it anyway. So why didn't he stroke the check? It's perfectly allright for Pharaoh to do it after all. And what about all you others? When are you sending in your checks? Better yet when are the 48% of the population that pays no taxes going to start paying their fair share? Why does 5% of the population have to cover over 50% of it?
It does make sense for a person who works 30 hours a week at Wendy's or Wal-Mart should pay as much taxes as some one make hundreds of millions. So John are you stating that those who want to keep services for the less fortuante should pay for them all for themselves and those who only think of themselves should not have to? Was that choice given on the wars or the benefits that corporations gets or is it just you think the poor should be treated as badly as possible?

As far as Pharaoh goes you already have shown that you have zero respect for anyone who thinks differently than yourself and think more of yourself for being able to name call. Very mature I might add. Are you proposing two tax rates, one for those who believe in society and a lesser for those who believe or care only for themselves?
04-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
You're pretty angry then? But just being angry doesn't mean a person is a fool. Parse the sentence.
04-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #13
Veteran Member

...........Well except for this year. I made $1.00
So I guess you are also one of those that didn't pay very much tax this year?
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
It does make sense for a person who works 30 hours a week at Wendy's or Wal-Mart should pay as much taxes as some one make hundreds of millions. So John are you stating that those who want to keep services for the less fortuante should pay for them all for themselves and those who only think of themselves should not have to? Was that choice given on the wars or the benefits that corporations gets or is it just you think the poor should be treated as badly as possible?

As far as Pharaoh goes you already have shown that you have zero respect for anyone who thinks differently than yourself and think more of yourself for being able to name call. Very mature I might add. Are you proposing two tax rates, one for those who believe in society and a lesser for those who believe or care only for themselves?
As for the first part. Flipping a burger or flipping a customer should be an entry position to get work experience and build character. I started washing dishes in a club in NYC. I put myself through college doing that. It's not meant to be a career just a starting point. And 50% of the population (give or take) is poor? Or can't afford even 10%? 5%? Why is it you always want to penalize those who have "made it"?

As for the second point. I have respect for most who share my opinion and also those who don't. I have respect for most if not all on this forum. I also have respect for the office of the President. Just not the person who sits in that office at the present time.

Last edited by JohnInIndy; 04-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevewig Quote
So I guess you are also one of those that didn't pay very much tax this year?
I paid no tax this year. I also made no money. I lived off of savings. Savings that I did pay royally in taxes for. I did however contribute $1.00 towards next year's tax burden.
Closed Thread