Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Both parties abandon the jobless

Hey there are sane Republicans (Frum)......................
Both parties abandon the jobless - CNN.com

This part is funny.................
QuoteQuote:
The Republicans have coalesced around U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan's budget plan.

That plan has four main elements:

-- It would impose large cuts in Medicaid for the poor right away.

-- It would impose very large cuts on other domestic spending programs.

-- It would cut the top rate of federal income tax from the current 36% to 25%, while pledging to close unspecified loopholes.

-- Starting 10 years from now, it would reduce Medicare benefits for people now younger than 55 by potentially more than half.

Ryan's plans are bold. And they made bold promises. According to a Heritage Foundation study commissioned by Ryan, the plan would reduce unemployment to 6.4% next year, 4.0% in 2015 and 2.8% by 2021. (The rate of 2.8% was last seen during the Korean War, when millions of young men were conscripted into the armed forces.)

Alas, the Heritage projections were derided by other economists and eventually quietly withdrawn by Heritage itself.

Well, we all sometimes get our math wrong. But here's the strange thing: the invalidation of Heritage's job predictions has had no impact whatsoever on Republican advocacy of the Ryan plan.

Suppose I presented you with a plan to land an astronaut on Mars. You check my numbers and discover a mistake: my trajectory will instead send the astronaut hurtling into outer space. If I answer, "Well let's use that trajectory anyway," wouldn't you conclude that I was less than totally committed to the Mars mission? That perhaps I had some other goal in mind instead?

But at least Republicans have a goal in mind.
Might as well this.......AND my usual answer to why the "stimulus" is failing.. NOT getting into the hands of the people........
I'm still for paying off the mortgages for the bank.. Still is a win/win though apparently too simple..

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/24/business/economy/24fed.html?_r=3&hp

http://www.americanindependent.com/180060/koch-brothers-go-after-investigative-journalists
and for later
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/24/business/economy/24fed.html?_r=3&hp

Last edited by jeffkrol; 04-25-2011 at 06:37 AM.