Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The question now becomes, how in the world was that a southern accent?
FOX lies! Again.
And the dutiful respond.

Limbaugh does a much southernlier (sic) accent.
Should we now boycott the Beverly Hillbillies along with Rush?

Naw, just boycott FOX. It WILL help us get along.

04-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well lets see .... this one wasn't from FOX and Sanchez was playing the race card.
Loretta Sanchez: "The Vietnamese" are Trying to Take My Seat - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Which has to do with the claims of a phony southern accent by FOX in what way?

That is what this thread is about. Stay focused now.
04-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote

Actually its about both but you may have forgotten the original post and instead focused on that one particular point of discussion

of course as you said before do you actually read the things you post about? like you accused me of not doing

04-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
mocked them this week by talking in a Southern accent
Yeppers I do.

So please.......show this.
I heard nothing in the video.
Even if she did. So what.
She was on Stephanie Miller.
Accents are just part of the show.
They do a great Kim Jong Il.
You should listen in, It's funny sometimes.
You could use an improved sense of humor.

I used to laugh at Rush once upon a time too.

Tell me why it's OK for Rush do do it.
04-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeppers I do.

So please.......show this.
I heard nothing in the video.
Even if she did. So what.
She was on Stephanie Miller.
Accents are just part of the show
They do a great Kim Jong Il.
You should listen in, It's funny sometimes.
You could use an improved sense of humor.

I used to laugh at Rush once upon a time too.

Tell me why it's OK for Rush do do it.
SO let me get this right because she on this show it was o.k. ? amazing so that means is that if a conservative goes on the Opie and Anthony show it would be ok for them to make fun of say a mexican accent? (not saying that Opie and Anthony do this) Is it alright because she is a democrat? is that your criteria?
As to the race card as Seacapt comment on
QuoteQuote:
This isn't the first time Sanchez has played identity politics. During her re-election campaign last fall against Vietnamese challenger Van Tran, she came under heavy criticism for telling a Spanish-language TV station that the "Vietnamese" were trying to take her seat.

"The Vietnamese and the Republicans are, with an intensity, trying to take away this seat -- this seat that we have done so much for our community – take away this seat from us and give it to this Van Tran, who is very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic," she said according to a translation on YouTube.
Again it would be ok with you if a Republican came out and said those Mexicans are trying to take my seat or any other particular racial group? Is this acceptable behavior for the Democrats only? and you sit there and say that only Republicans and the Tea Party are bigoted?
04-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Obviously you didn't read the OP very well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congresswoman Feigns Southern Accent to Deride Tea Party Lawmakers - FoxNews.com

Quote:
A Democratic congresswoman, frustrated with her interactions with a new class of Tea Party-backed conservative lawmakers, mocked them this week by talking in a Southern accent and referring to them as "Moe," during an interview on nationally syndicated radio show.
Quote:
The Vietnamese and the Republicans are, with an intensity, trying to take away this seat -- this seat that we have done so much for our community – take away this seat from us and give it to this Van Tran, who is very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic," she said according to a translation on YouTube.
Wonders would anyone comment if these came from a Republican?

BTW some of us ignorant Moe , Bubba and Jim Bob crackers attended one of them thar fancy yankee Ivy League schools. Where did that bio say Sanchez went to college?

Last edited by seacapt; 04-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #38
Site Supporter

My criteria, is I don't really give a rats behind about what some 2 bit California politician, says or how she says it.

If she runs for a higher office, it will all come out in the wash.

You never answered why such behavior is OK for Rush.
I didn't complain about the behavior.
You did.

PS I didn't know Moe was a bad word. Really.
I had to ask my daughter what a teabagger was. It was embarrassing..............
But I did laugh.
04-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #39
Veteran Member

My criteria, is I don't really give a rats behind about what some 2 bit California politician, says or how she says it.

If she runs for a higher office, it will all come out in the wash.

You never answered why such behavior is OK for Rush.
I didn't complain about the behavior.
You did.

PS I didn't know Moe was a bad word. Really.
I had to ask my daughter what a teabagger was. It was embarrassing..............
But I did laugh.
Rush is paid to be inflamatory. Sanchez is an elected official who insinuated Southerners are less intelligent than she. Slightly different standards apply.
I actually didn't get the whole <pronounced very slowly> "Moe" bit either but the drawl was an unmistakable slur and her racisms were blatant
This is a bit off topic though , the point of the thread was that it seems as if in this forum people would be calling for criminal charges against a Republican or Tea Party member who said "oh shit" after dropping an anvil on his/her toe but pat Joe Bidden on the back for calling the owner of a frozen yogart shop "wise ass".
Would you agree with my interpretation of your original post Mr. Gokenin?

Last edited by seacapt; 04-27-2011 at 09:56 PM.
04-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #40
Site Supporter

Sorry. I didn't catch it.
It is a comedy show. If it sinks her, so be it.
We got bigger fish to fry.
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #41
Site Supporter

I would add that people like Rush are in a certain position of power as well.
To say he has no political influence is folly.
In reality, probably more than a 2 bit politician.
In fact, it was when he became more overtly political, that I quit listening to him.
It was his fake accents and devisive comments that made me do so.
04-28-2011, 03:54 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Actually its about both but you may have forgotten the original post and instead focused on that one particular point of discussion

of course as you said before do you actually read the things you post about? like you accused me of not doing
Well the discussion is really about why hasn't there been a reaction to this alleged 'racist' southern accent, because that is the story in the news. The second story re the Vietnamese dates from 2010. Yes it's 'unfortunate' to play racial politics like that, but there isn't a reaction about that story because it is not news and wouldn't have been raised as an issue without the silly accent story, which is far less serious, an totally unconnected IMO. To the point of being a pathetic thing to raise.

Last edited by ihasa; 04-28-2011 at 04:05 AM.
04-28-2011, 04:09 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
The second story re the Vietnamese dates from 2010. Yes it's 'unfortunate' to play racial politics like that, but there isn't a reaction about that story because it is not news and wouldn't have been raised as an issue without the silly accent story, which is far less serious. To the point of being a pathetic thing to raise.
alright if it was not news would you think the same way if Mark Rubio had said the same thing? would you still not care about this attitude from an elected official towards a group of people that she was elected to represent?

seacapt you are correct but i shouldn't have expected anything but the reaction this has gotten here to tell you the truth
04-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
An accent from a particular part of the country is now a matter of race? I never saw it that way when I used to hear people make fun of Yankees back in Texas. You guys are really grasping on that one. How many times did I hear a Republican friend call Clinton "Bubba?" How far would someone who sounds like JFK (may be you, Jon) get in a congressional district in Georgia before there were parodies by other candidates?

When you represent folks that have opposed virtually every civil rights measure for equality of race and gender in the last half century, and folks who support all kinds of measures strongly opposed by most of the Black and Hispanic community, fly confederate flags from everything from the capital to bumpers, ally with those who display posters of the first black President as a witch doctor and harp on his birth certificate, and who pay constant homage to a commentator who has made repeated racist statements, and on and on, you may not be cut as much slack on statements about race or ethnicity.
04-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
An accent from a particular part of the country is now a matter of race? I never saw it that way when I used to hear people make fun of Yankees back in Texas. You guys are really grasping on that one. How many times did I hear a Republican friend call Clinton "Bubba?" How far would someone who sounds like JFK (may be you, Jon) get in a congressional district in Georgia before there were parodies by other candidates?

When you represent folks that have opposed virtually every civil rights measure for equality of race and gender in the last half century, and folks who support all kinds of measures strongly opposed by most of the Black and Hispanic community, fly confederate flags from everything from the capital to bumpers, ally with those who display posters of the first black President as a witch doctor and harp on his birth certificate, and who pay constant homage to a commentator who has made repeated racist statements, and on and on, you may not be cut as much slack on statements about race or ethnicity.
OK for the 4th time even though the article header only mentions the southern drawl thing the race card aspect of it has nothing to do with that!! The comment she made about the Vietnamese in the article is the rave thing I am talking about. However getting back to the making fun of the voice thing imagine if you can our favorite wingnut punching bag Sarah Palin making fun of someone's voice do you imagine that she would be given the pass you are giving this lady?
Closed Thread