Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote

We are consuming oil faster than it can be pumped out of the ground, that's why prices are high. Worldwide use is escalating as third world countries have entered the industrial age. The price is going to continue to rise because demand is high. The next market crash and recession will drop the prices down again, probably in a few months.

Not so sure about that first sentence. I think current production keeps up with current demand. It is the concern for future supplies, as well as the acts of a cartel that psych prices up.

04-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Calling Palin a retard is an insult to retards everywhere.

Last edited by normhead; 04-27-2011 at 02:57 PM.
04-27-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Perhaps a bit of Trump will relax the atmosphere:
Donald Trump: Obama Birth Certificate Should've Been Released Long Ago (VIDEO)
04-27-2011, 07:49 AM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
One entire thread on the Trump/birth certificate issue isn't enough?
We, as a group, don't often agree on anything in P&R; but I'm pretty sure that the consensus (if not unanimity) here is that there may be better qualified candidates than The Donald.

04-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I wasn't aware of the existence of the 'Trump' thread.
04-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
One entire thread on the Trump/birth certificate issue isn't enough?
We, as a group, don't often agree on anything in P&R; but I'm pretty sure that the consensus (if not unanimity) here is that there may be better qualified candidates than The Donald.
I agree with your statement, but then again Obama became president and I don't think he was qualified to be a simple community organizer. So apparently qualifications and intelligence don't play a factor.
04-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GatorPentax Quote
I don't think he was qualified to be a simple community organizer.
How so?
What are your "thoughts" on this.

04-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #23
Veteran Member

I agree with your statement, but then again Obama became president and I don't think he was qualified to be a simple community organizer. So apparently qualifications and intelligence don't play a factor.
You perhaps refer to his distinguished law career, and express reverse snobbery that a future distinguished lawyer and scholar and politician and President surely was over qualified as a simple community organizer?
04-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Uh oh, i think i hit a nerve with some folks that think obama is perfect.

A distinguished law career/ scholar/ politician (which are all debatable for Obama) does not necessarily make a good president.

Is he a good leader? no

Does he make tough decisions when needed? no

does he understand economics? no

does he understand world politics? debatable, but i would say no

does he have solid integrity? no

He was a terrible community organizer and an even worse junior senator. I don't see how anyone can say he has the experience to lead the greatest nation on the planet.
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
Veteran Member

A distinguished law career/ scholar/ politician (which are all debatable for Obama) does not necessarily make a good president.

Is he a good leader? no

Does he make tough decisions when needed? no

does he understand economics? no

does he understand world politics? debatable, but i would say no

does he have solid integrity? no

He was a terrible community organizer and an even worse junior senator. I don't see how anyone can say he has the experience to lead the greatest nation on the planet.
Thank you for this quick list of indisputable, hard facts. You must have some serious training in scientific thinking.
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #26
Site Supporter

I don't think the man is perfect.
That was painted on him by the GOP/teabagger/libertarian/conservative/FOXnewers.

I don't see how anyone can say he has the experience to lead the greatest nation on the planet.
Who then in your opinion would?
04-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #27
Veteran Member

"People who don't agree with me that Obama is a worthless PO(TU)S, surely must think Obama is perfect"

Bravo on your sound reasoning.
04-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
I don't think the man is perfect.
That was painted on him by the GOP/teabagger/libertarian/conservative/FOXnewers.

Who then in your opinion would?

I dont think it was painted on him, his track record reveals it all. You just need to be open minded to see it. I dont think anyone is perfect, and bush wasn't perfect neither. However, Bush at least had integrity and stuck with his decisions and made the tough decisions. (Even Obama stated that the Bush family was very sincere, and some of the nicest people he has ever met). Obama on the otherhand just rolls with the polls and i honestly believe he chooses the path that gives him the most benefit for his career. I just can't respect someone like that.

A good leader? There are a few that may be close to what I expect from a president, but Im not entirely sure I trust anyone enough to give them a title of "good presidential choice". I dont believe Obama comes even close.
04-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #29
Site Supporter

Pretty good avoid the question.
Consider for a moment what Mr. Bush left us with.
04-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

True enough, but to boil his qualifications down to 'simple community organizer' and to cast doubt on his intelligence is contrary to reality. In fact he has demonstrated himself intelligent and a high achiever, in circumstances that require a lot of both in order to be a sucess among success.

This is worse than saying Palin wasn't even qualified to be a simple high school cheerleader - worse on so many levels....

It is another matter entirely whether or not he is a good president, or whether he may have benefited from another decade of Washington experience. The latter I would think the tea baggers and other anti-Washington folk would say, 'no he would not have benefitted from another 10 years in Washington,' but then it's useless to expect any consistency from that quarter.

And no, Obama is not perfect, and so far he has dissappointed many of his adherents.
Closed Thread