Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They should have invited Michael Moore to do a documentary.
It would have been interesting.

04-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
Veteran Member

The BBC went to Boston and compiled a report how we're not as wound up about this as our media claims.

Still, it's *nice.*

Lady knows there's nothing like a royal wedding round about May Eve.

Constitutional monarchy has the virtue of taking a lot of heat, and if there's a dispute about *birth documentation* at least people need to be able to handle live steel.

Besides, I see a shamrock, RAF wings, the name Arthur, and an alternative fuel Aston Martin. Hail the bower!

(I'll also mention I'd rather have a *real* Constitutional monarchy than a plutocratic *sham* of a democracy. But this should not be (And is not) the choice before us. Not at all. But let's face it, people's interest in 'politics' these days in America isn't exactly about self-governing if that means *anything* but slogans and symbols. I'd take Charles, if that's what people *really* want. But if people *really* want *a Republic,* stop being so medieval about what ought to be statesmen, leaders, and managers. I grew up on the Sex Pistols, too, but I'd be prouder if we *did* have a figurehead royal family, with honor, than if we kept screaming like Medicis were our own idea. I'd put bells on my hat and shoot long tele on the Riviera if that's what it took. If we want to be a Republic, let's *act* it. Not begrudge someone a little circumstance. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-29-2011 at 03:54 PM.
04-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

(Also you get to see hossies and treasures they don't normally talk about on the tube. )
04-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Oh the treasures! I have to admit I enjoyed the whole freakish spectacle of it all. Pure Monty Python. Maybe we should keep them after all, if we can strengthen the firewall between them and government.

Was the Aston Martin running on Charles' home-brewed biofuel then? I believe he makes it from surplus wine...

04-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Babbs Quote
Being a Canadian, I understand the bombardment of the Royal Wedding celebration. We are still under British rule. But what amazes me is the press that the event is getting State side...Come on...we're not a colony anymore and have not been for many, many years....we are not under British Rule !!!

Why is America paying so much attention to the Royal Wedding?

The royal wedding and the New World Order – Telegraph Blogs
Because Americans like many others are interested.
04-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Boston.com's The Big Picture has got some wedding photos up: The Royal Wedding - The Big Picture - Boston.com
04-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One seldom sees such an abundance of impressive hats

05-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote

People should wear more hats.
05-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Well, it was great day to go for a walk in the Peak District. The roads and car parks were deserted

dave
05-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Indeed. Style&class ... Sigh ... (When the city of Atlantis stood serene above the sea, ... those were the days ... )

Back to topic, a cool panoramic view of the crowd: BBC News - Royal wedding: Spot yourself in our hi-def crowd picture
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Babbs Quote
Until Canada Does not have a Governor General I believe we are still under the Queens hand.

The Governor General of Canada > The Governor General
I like having a governor general, it means the Head of State and the Commander in Chief is a position that is non-partisan and one can disagree or make fun of the leader of the government without insulting the Head of State/Commander in Chief. And no matter what clowns are elected to Ottawa some ex some thing or other (broadcaster, prof, horror movie actor's brother and once almost a hockey player).

Thursday was a quiet day at work as many people had the day off for the wedding. Apparently it was a holiday for people who speak English funny and drink warm beer (British Army).
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I would have a hard time calling some of those "hats".
Closed Thread