Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
The Next Badman Bogeyman - Any Guesses?

With another US presidential election in the cycle nearing, TPTB undoubtedly have the next badman "bogeyman" waiting in the wings.

Who will it be?

It was an entire nation once, the Soviet Union, (funded mostly by American military industrial complex interests, but that is the topic of another thread):

then we had "19 Arabs with box cutters" and their "leader" ObL and now?

It will need to be a "terrorist" not tied to any one location so the "war on terror" can be fought everywhere against anyone at all times. No ending wars is good. Very good. In fact, brilliant!

Oil rich country origins is good. That way the US Empire can coerce a "coalition of the willing" into invading another sovereign nation in the "war on terrorism" to keep Americans safe at home.

Muslim is good - keep up the antagonism between the oxymoronic "Judaeo-Christian Zionism" and "Islamic extremists." All those Muslims carrying weapons images can be recycled.

Which brings up a good point: someone tied to the now dead nine times ObL - someone seeking revenge for the death of their leader. From deep within Pakistan of course - no need to pull the troops out! Alhamdulillah!

Brilliant - I can see the wheels of the minds of the script writers whirling - - oh, joy, the possibilities are endless! APBTA

Maybe a prize for the member who correctly names
the next Badman Bogeyman ?

Yes, yes, a Name the Next Badman Bogeyman Contest!

___

05-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ah, so you've come to your senses and realised that Obama is NOT the Bogeyman, and you were being 'played'?
05-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I vote for that THING on the Donalds head.
05-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K7Man Quote
No ending wars is good. Very good. In fact, brilliant!
Not a new idea. You have read 'Brave New World' haven't you?

05-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

if I were of that bent, I'd be inclined to suspect that Bush II on purpose left OBL live, in order to have an Evil foil to what he wanted to do.

Also, did anyone catch Rachel the other night, she built a pretty good circumstantial case that in fact OBL met his goals, which Rachel points out, rich kid OBL always expressed financially. If OBL's calculation was to cause the US economic disruption, he must have been overjoyed by our invasion of Iraq, and the other behemoth style monetary bets we made.

AMERICAblog News: Rachel on Osama and money: "The goal of Al Qaeda was to bleed America to the point of bankruptcy"

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42900974/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/

We don't always need a bogeyman, though if one's useful to someone in power or trying to get into power, sure.
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

What ever it is called its purpose must be to keep the military budget sacrosanct.
05-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Mirrors still work?

So does breathing.

Who says we need any more monsters?

Why?

How bout......

No.

Breathe.

05-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster

"The goal of Al Qaeda was to bleed America to the point of Bankruptcy

That is the goal., but not of the non-existent Al Qaeda.
05-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Like I always say, who needs a conspiracy when there's obvious base motives?

I don't believe people are essentially-bad, but I *do* know that criminals are essentially-lazy. That usually means they won't think too hard if they don't think they have to.

Add to that that some people and systems lack empathy.. Well.

Sometimes we *want* things to be more complicated than they are. It's actually not a bad thing that we do, (In a way this does us credit) but....

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-04-2011 at 11:35 PM.
05-05-2011, 05:47 AM   #10
Banned

Bogeywoman

05-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
My guess is that America will decide it needs water and will find a boogeyman in Canada.
Why wait? I nominate the Right Honourable Stephen Joseph Harper You can tell by the u that he's a bad guy. We need to install someone we can call "Left Honorable"
05-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster

QuoteQuote:
I don't believe people are essentially-bad
Really? Not even men like the Bolshiveks Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin, responsible for the death of millions of Russian Christians and the gulags? according to Solzenitzen.

Not even communist Pol Pot who also killed millions while head of the Khmer Rouge or Mao, also communist, and again killed millions.

Barry Soetoro (as is his wife) had close ties to an admitted Marxist (academic euphemism for communist) listened to an American hating firebrand preacher in a church founded on Marxist Black LIberation Theology for 20 years. One of his best friends is Bill Ayers and another is Saul Alinsky. He has gone back on his "you can take that to the bank" word about pulling the troops out and is now drone killing civilians in Pakistan and elsewhere. And he's still got over two years left in office.

And we haven't even gone that far back in history - there was Cain, Nero, the pharisees, serial killers and many many other downright evil men.

There are indeed some evil people in this world, and that is much worse than "essentially-bad."
05-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K7Man Quote

Really? Not even men like the Bolshiveks Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin, responsible for the death of millions of Russian Christians and the gulags? according to Solzenitzen.

Not even communist Pol Pot who also killed millions while head of the Khmer Rouge or Mao, also communist, and again killed millions.

Barry Soetoro (as is his wife) had close ties to an admitted Marxist (academic euphemism for communist) listened to an American hating firebrand preacher in a church founded on Marxist Black LIberation Theology for 20 years. One of his best friends is Bill Ayers and another is Saul Alinsky. He has gone back on his "you can take that to the bank" word about pulling the troops out and is now drone killing civilians in Pakistan and elsewhere. And he's still got over two years left in office.

And we haven't even gone that far back in history - there was Cain, Nero, the pharisees, serial killers and many many other downright evil men.

There are indeed some evil people in this world, and that is much worse than "essentially-bad."

I too sat on a board of directors of a community organization and was totally unaware that being a member of it made be a best friend of all those on the board. And if being of a certain political or religious belief and someone else of that same group or belief commits serious crimes it does not make everyone of that group or belief quilty. You certainly like to paint the guilt by assoiciation brush very thickly.

Of course to some, truth or respect are foreign concepts.
05-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Actually, Marxism isn't an 'academic euphemism' *for* Communism, it's a particular philosophy *of* Communism, ...interestingly enough, the one named after Karl Marx.

Claiming that 'people are evil' because you claim certain individuals (or mythological characters) are 'evil' doesn't make sense, to begin with.

I've had this discussion before, but you don't need to paint the world with some 'existential evil' to know a bad guy when you see one.. Start flinging the naming of people 'evil' around, and as you've just demonstrated, it never ends, does it?

Bin Laden himself believed, promoted, and acted on just such beliefs: calling others 'evil,' ...and in the process became, what, ...'Evil.' Right?

Way past bad *enough,* anyway. I don't think his calling *other* people 'evil' improved his clarity on goodness any. Do you?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
05-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster

Stick to the topic: being - some men are not just "essentially bad" but down right evil.

Our government even likes to name them as such, to wit, the Axis of Evil.

What the AoE had in common was no central bank controlled by the same people who control all developed nations', including the US', central banks.

You might start with those calling others evil to find the evil men of whom I am speaking.

___
Closed Thread