Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2011, 04:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From Westboro's Site...
QuoteQuote:
Christ Church in Savannah, GA May 22, 2011 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM

WBC to picket Christ Church. Doomed americans build their high places on every corner and under every tree to tryto salve their screaming consciences.

For they also built them high places, and images, and groves, on every high hill, and under every green tree. 1 Kings 14:23

You think that if you build enough "churches" that God will overlook your disobedience. There is no obedience with a woman preacher. You cause the angels to weep!

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:11-12

Obey or Perish!
Typical patriarchal view... "Women are incapable of preaching or leading MEN!" They are also picketting several other churches that day, as well at 2 high schools the following Friday.

Last edited by MRRiley; 05-07-2011 at 05:29 AM.
05-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
From Westboro's Site...

Typical patriarchal view... "Women are incapable of preaching or leading MEN!" They are also picketting several other churches that day, as well at 2 high schools the following Friday.
I want so much to be there to counter protest. because there will be counter protests, thats assured. savannah is not a big city and a lot of the local baptist churches here band together very well. they are not welcomed and its publicly known, in fact they actually said so in not so many words on the news the other day. we as a city are very proud, and they will of course get everything they desire, as we all know that what they desire is exactly that. a counter protest, news coverage, etc. I will however be half the world away. it still pisses me off though.
05-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
According to him the world is going to end this May 21st at 6pm local (everyone's local 6pm... It's gonna follow the sun). Mike
My younger son will probably agree with him as he is getting married at 6:00pm on 21 May 2011.
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
My younger son will probably agree with him as he is getting married at 6:00pm on 21 May 2011.
As his father, it's your duty to tell him he's better off going fishing instead.

05-08-2011, 04:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Make sure his friends throw him a heck of a bachelor party.... LOL
05-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Make sure his friends throw him a heck of a bachelor party.... LOL
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
As his father, it's your duty to tell him he's better off going fishing instead.
Mike:
His brother is taking care of the bachelor party. My wife said I couldn't attend.

Jim:
They have been together for 7 years, and lived together the last 3 years. I think he gave up fishing when he moved in with her. BTW, his mom and I are really glad that they are getting married -- my future DIL is terrific.