Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
@#$%ing cats!

Having a sleepless night last night, so sat in front of the computer, when I noticed a woodlice crawling across the floor. I've recently bought a macro lens and haven't had a chance to use it yet, so I thought I'd give it a try before I sent the little fella on his way.

Went and got the camera, and noticed that the woodlice had crawled into a spider's web, and the spider was sitting there watching him, like a proper Mexican stand-off. Great! This could be a brilliant photo! I attach the lens, check that I've set the camera correctly and look up.

There's a bloody great big paw right where the woodlice and spider used to be! The cat had followed me into the room, and decided that they would make a tasty late evening snack!

05-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kitty lens protections! *munch* Oops.
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

But that's what cats are supposed to do with bugs! It's their job to keep the house free of vermin, lol. Me, I pat my cats and praise them for behavior like that, but then again we have flying, spitting, roaches the size of your fist here...
05-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
i wish my cat still hunted bugs. he used to kill and eat them. now he just looks at them.

05-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

A previous cat was a great hunter. She chased a mouse behind some large bookshelves. The mouse got stuck there and died. After a few days, the stench became terrible. Emptying and dismantling the shelves till we got down to the death layer was awful. Nice kitty. No, I took no pictures.

Q: Why do people photograph flowers?
A: Because they don't have a cat.
05-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I'm in trouble now.
I have both.
05-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

While cats like to pounce on things you're taking photos of, dogs like to jump on you while you're taking photos...

A long time back I was testing a manual lens I got from ebay in the backyard... while I was crouched, I was looking through the viewfinder and trying to focus... my dog then decided to walk in front of me and try to jump on me.... he hit my camera which hit me in the face...

Good stuff having pets

05-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More Cats

My wife just had to pet one.
Attached Images

05-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Oh, I am SO jealous, sigh. Though I did get to play with a sedated tiger like that once, and I've had a baby panther in my lap a couple of times. I love the big kitties. I don't hardly go to the zoo for anything else. The rest is nice, but if a zoo doesn't have a nice collection of the big cats I can't be bothered...
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ahab Quote
My wife just had to pet one.

Now that's *real* kitty lens protections!