Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For fun:Big Mac fan to eat No. 25,000

Big Mac fan Don Gorske of Fond du Lac to eat No. 25,000 next week | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com

05-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Obviously he doesn't know what a burger is suppose to taste like.
05-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's not a burger, it's a Big Mac.
05-17-2011, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
It's not a burger, it's a Big Mac.
And that still isn't any form of food, nourishment or anything that actually tastes edible. I've actually had one (1) big mac in my life. Wait. I didn't finish that. One of the worst things I ever bit into.

05-17-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

mmmmmmmm. Cheesburgers............................

Seriously, I love burgers. McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees/Carl's Jr., Jack in the Box, I don't care.
I love burgers.
05-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
Site Supporter

In paradise.........Or Caseville............Yum!
05-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter

I think I'll go get me a whopper and fries.
I prefer Pepsi too.

05-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
I think I'll go get me a whopper and fries.
I prefer Pepsi too.
Pepsi? SERIOUSLY? Pepsi? You really do have issues.
05-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

There are diner burgers, proper gourmet burgers and then there is the king of the fast food burger The Big Mac. Sorry, devoted Mac fan here. As far as I am concerned a trip to McDonald's is not about getting a 5 star gourmet burger. It's fast food, shrug. But consistently from eatery to eatery McDonald's is pretty good for fast food.

I like gourmet burgers better, but once in a while I do get a craving for a Mac myself and when I do? Noting else will do. It's got to be a Big Mac, Coke, and fries. It's not so much the burger as it is the special sauce thing. It's some kind of thousand island/russian dressing thing, of course, but it actually tastes not quite like either.
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Pepsi? SERIOUSLY? Pepsi? You really do have issues.
All right then Dr. Pepper.......

Besides......I'll argue anything, except food and music.
It's just a matter what tastes or sounds good to you, at any given moment.
05-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
krp
Veteran Member

In N Out and Five Guys make the best burgers. But I don't know how this guy can stand to have so little variety in what he eats.
05-18-2011, 06:11 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh Man , I thought this was going to be a thread about the Ex-President who had the "wisdom" ( he was a Rhodes Scholar ya know) to tell a country with a major obiesity problem how much he loved McDonalds.
I allways wonderd if he got paid for that statement or just had really bad taste...........hmm Gennifer , Monica , Hillary........ might have been really bad taste.
05-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The way I see it once in a while having a piece or two of fancy upscale Belgian chocolates is a great treat but that doesn't mean I can afford to go out and buy myself a whole pound every time I get a yen for chocolate. Burgers I'm the same way. We don't have In and Out here (I've been to one in CA though.) but we do now have the 5 Guys. They're not nearly as close as McDonald's but every once in a while I will go up to the mall where they are and have a good gourmet burger.

I don't do it often. A Mac and FF at McDonald's can still usually be had for less than $5. Every time I hit 5 guys I can't walk out of there without spending at least 2X that for the same thing. Sure, I like their burgers and FF a lot, and I'm thinking they're probably better for me besides considering they use peanut oil and all, but $10-12 for a quick fast food dinner, even a more upscale one just isn't as easy on my wallet as going to McDonald's is. Those upscale burgers might be better but they're just not as affordable except as a major treat thing.

If I have to choose from the fast food places that are in the same price range as McDonald's I'll take the food at McDonald's every time. Wendy's sadly just isn't what it used to be lately and I've never liked Burger King at all. We have Checkers here and Steak and Shake and they're not bad. We do them once in a while instead, but they both tend to be a bit more iffy in terms of getting the same quality all the time and in the case of Steak and Shake at least also a fair bit more in terms of money for the same thing.

I like consistent food. I like being able to walk into any McDonald's anywhere and at least get a decent burger for a price that won't break my wallet. I have never been able to do that with any other fast food place, count on the food being the same, and sorry, no one, not even Five guys or In and Out makes french fries that are any where near as good as McDonald's. I like theirs too, but McDonald's fries are totally in a league of their own. When they are fresh and hot no one else's FF even come close. Honestly, it's not so much the burgers there as it is the FF. I can get a pretty comparable burger in a number of places, even if the sauce isn't quite the same, but those FF's are what makes McDonald's worth going back to for me.

It's the skinny potatoes that I'm really addicted to...
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Seriously, I love burgers. McDonalds, Burger King, Hardees/Carl's Jr., Jack in the Box, I don't care.
I love burgers.
Sorry to admit it, but I do, too. I especially like the local chain, Blake's Lotaburger which makes them with cheese and green chili.

I do have concerns about what I am eating, though, so I don't eat any of the chain burgers very often.

I missed burgers when I lived in Germany. I kept buying the ground meat and being disappointed with what I made. It turned out that ground meat (Hackfleisch) in that part of Germany was half pork--just not the same.
05-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I love burgers.
So in other words you have no clue as to what a real burger should taste like do you?