Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey Rupert!

Have you ever seen any of these? We mostly have gray squirrels, hardly any red or black, but we do supposedly have a very small population of white squirrels. They're very scarce though and I've personally only seen one albino squirrel so far. I'm always hoping I'll see another one someday preferably when I have a camera handy.

Albino and White Squirrels: US location Map

On a sad note the small harmless black snake that's been slinking around here in our shrubbery for months met a sad end this morning. He was maybe a foot long, a little guy for the black snakes. He's been around mostly sitting under the bushes, a bit hard to photograph actually, but occasionally I've spotted him sunning himself on the bricks that make up our little plant box.

I am always glad to see him and the other harmless snakes like him because we have several vacant lots in the area and quite a population of voles and field mice as well as some fruit rats and the like. The cats and hawks do get their share too, but having him around was likely keeping the smaller rodents in check I would imagine.

Someone got him under their car wheels this morning, poor thing. I guess he must have been trying to cross the road and didn't make it. He's the only snake I have seen in quite a while so I am very sad to see him go.

He was a pretty little fella. He was sort of an iridescent blue black. I was going to try to take some pics the next time I saw him, probably would have, darn...