Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jogiba, this reference is posted by a group of unregulated medical bloggers (love their 'About' page: About | Web Physicians)

Their advice is for those suffering chronic prostatitis, indicating foodstuffs that exacerbate symptoms of the condition. The advice is not directed at the general (otherwise healthy) population - the listed foodstuffs do not *cause* prostatitis or *irritate* a healthy prostate.

If they did, the entire Indian subcontinent plus central Americans would have massive problems from their diet, the alcohol and fast food-indulgent Western world would be dying a lot younger, and the citrus fruit and juice industry would cease to exist.

The word is moderation. 1-3 cups of coffee a day is good for you. So make them good ones, if you like the stuff (but you can be just as healthy without it too).

Last edited by Ash; 05-20-2011 at 05:19 PM.
05-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

The word is moderation. 1-3 cups of coffee a day is good for you. So make them good ones, if you like the stuff (but you can be just as healthy without it too).

In a similar vein, {shawl}I'll also point out that that equipment's probably meant to be used once in a while to avoid accumulating too many toxins in the first place, though some may tell you differently. {/shawl}

You can now pretend it wasn't me that said that.
05-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #18
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
jogiba, this reference is posted by a group of unregulated medical bloggers (love their 'About' page: About | Web Physicians)

Their advice is for those suffering chronic prostatitis, indicating foodstuffs that exacerbate symptoms of the condition. The advice is not directed at the general (otherwise healthy) population - the listed foodstuffs do not *cause* prostatitis or *irritate* a healthy prostate.

If they did, the entire Indian subcontinent plus central Americans would have massive problems from their diet, the alcohol and fast food-indulgent Western world would be dying a lot younger, and the citrus fruit and juice industry would cease to exist.

I don't have chronic prostatitis yet any time I have caffeine, even just a piece of chocolate, I can get pain and discomfort in the prostate area. Even if my prostate has been fine or "healthy". Sorry, but it's well known, whether you don't like that website's source or not, that caffeine is not good for the prostate. Just do a search for "caffeine" and "prostate" and you'll see tons of sources for confirmation.

QuoteQuote:
But caffeine overstimulates the nerves and glands. It drains the adrenal system, damages the thyroid, and can trigger heart arrhythmias. In female and male menopause, caffeine plays a role: Breast cysts and lumps are common in women, while men suffer from caffeine-induced prostate problems.
-Barnet Meltzer MD

Link