Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Can Newt Gingrich Control Newt Gingrich? (Answer: No)

Can Newt Gingrich Control Newt Gingrich? - NYTimes.com

A nice rundown of the Newt crazy train.

05-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Interesting that Newt saying something intelligent about Paul Ryan's complete and utter lack of knowledge about health care reform is a bad thing, but Ryan's continuous lying about health care reform is a good thing to Republicans.
Newt almost get's it, the others are dingbats who have been lobotomized by their political beliefs.
05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have to say, it surprised the Hel out of me, but Newt was actually showing signs of being the sensible candidate among the Republicans here.

Of course, I remember him when, 'Contract on America,' anyone remember? So I still wouldn't trust him, but it's an irony of the times when *Newt Gingrich* ain't crazy enough for the GOP.
05-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I have to say, it surprised the Hel out of me, but Newt was actually showing signs of being the sensible candidate among the Republicans here.

Of course, I remember him when, 'Contract on America,' anyone remember? So I still wouldn't trust him, but it's an irony of the times when *Newt Gingrich* ain't crazy enough for the GOP.
That says more about the other candidates than about Newt.

05-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
That says more about the other candidates than about Newt.
Well, everything's about someone or someone else these days, ennit? More's the pity.
05-19-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
When asked by The Huffington Post about media coverage this past week, Gingrich press secretary Rick Tyler fired off a response blasting the political and media elite.

“The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding,” Tyler wrote. “Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment’s cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won’t be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.”
05-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, everything's about someone or someone else these days, ennit? More's the pity.
What I meant was that the only reason Newt looks reasonable is that the other candidates are not.
05-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #8
Banned

Newt: "If you quote me directly, you're lying"

05-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
What I meant was that the only reason Newt looks reasonable is that the other candidates are not.
The republican primary should be very interesting to see where the people are. With hypocrites like Newt it is hard to tell if people are voting for what he says or how he behaves.

What a weird name, "Newt," I'll have to see a long form birth certificate before I believe that is his real name and he was born in America and not South Africa. It suits him to be named after a lizard though.