Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newarts Quote
A fundamental purpose of a species is reproduction.

If you are uninterested you've got a loose screw.

'A,' not 'The.'

And, yes, I live around a lot of breeders who think that if you don't want to be a breeder you must have a 'loose screw' and thus deserve to be beaten and tortured to death forever and ever, but I'll beg to differ on any illusions that constitutes either humanity, holiness, good childrearing, or good social policy.

Never mind any prowess in 'Wanna fight about it.'

(Do you know what it's *like* to live a life being *treated* so?)

QED, sonnyboy.

QED.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-18-2011 at 06:58 PM.
05-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Or, British-style:

05-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
'A,' not 'The.'

And, yes, I live around a lot of breeders who think that if you don't want to be a breeder you must have a 'loose screw' and thus deserve to be beaten and tortured to death forever and ever, but I'll beg to differ on any illusions that constitutes either humanity, holiness, good childrearing, or good social policy.

Never mind any prowess in 'Wanna fight about it.'

QED, sonnyboy.

QED.
I don't mean to imply that each and every member of a species should have reproduction and only reproduction in mind at all times.

Not at all, but the survival of a species must be contingent on overall reproductive success.

The strategy apparently used by ants is pretty successful so far as I know and I suspect the worker ant is not particularly interested in who slept with who. But people seem to have a reproductive model in which each member might be a player.

On average, if you are not a player in a certain time of your life, you aren't near the mean. That's not a value statement, just a statement of probability regarding our species.

It seems to me that much of public social & economic structures implicitly and explicitly exist for success of the overall group's children. An individual need not have a child to participate in the game; I believe even we 70 yr olds are still players whether we had children or not

There is nothing wrong with not reproducing individually; it is the overall success of the species that counts. Some leap in front of a lion, some retreat; it is the right balance that matters.
05-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Case in point, jogiba. I happen to like both sexes, but all I see there is a plastic cheeseburger, someone trying to make a parking brake look like a *****, some Barbie covered in mud in a bikni, sneakers, and someone having a salad in bed.
I think these ads are intended for the other 99% of the world

I also think many of these are highly selective. iow. targeting specific demographics such as(age, gender, lifestyles etc). And so it's quite common for people to "not get it" in such cases.

05-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I think these ads are intended for the other 99% of the world

I think you overestimate the percentiles. What I *do* know is it's people talking like him and you that took my daughter from me and won't let me have any peace in life ever since. Over some rationalization of 'procreation.'

It's *you* who both make this stuff and get all hot and bothered about it and wring your hands and look for someone else to make suffer for it.

Maybe there's a system to that, if you expect *anyone* can actually do anything about it. Maybe it's not *me,* maybe it's something someone taught you you couldn't *possibly* handle about *yourself.*

Maybe, that's a lie.

QuoteQuote:
I also think many of these are highly selective. iow. targeting specific demographics such as(age, gender, lifestyles etc). And so it's quite common for people to "not get it" in such cases.
So you try to explain *me* away, scapegoat *me,* and *my* families, rather than turn to Jogiba and many others and say 'WTF?'

Sounds like *you're* the ones with some kind of issues about that crap.

Funny whose 'world is ending' (Again) right around now: Here's a song for Cardinal Bernard Law, the former Grand Inquisitor... And people who took *my* little girl from me in the name of 'procreation' ....And on behalf of absent friends.

They were all spooled up about 'sex in the media,' too.

Maybe it's about things more like I wrote a page back. Rather than me 'not procreating' as if I even *had* half a reproductive tract left to begin with. Go figure.

You know what this song was about where I came from?

The obvious.

And you know what? Yeah, I'm different. That's why I'm still here yapping at you. And my friends, largely, *aren't.* Also why I've got a case of survivor's guilt half a mile wide and near as deep that comes out when people push the matter too much. So wise up.

Also why I was *already* out of patience with that line when people talking like you thought it was 'holy' to scream obscenities and *take my daughter from me.* (Pardon if I vent a little.)

Social analysis, *last page.* Right *here* is, No. No Godsforsaken *more.* People say these kinds of things, and, yes, I'll bring up the example again, some screaming preacher accosting my little girl and her 'two mommies,' and *he* was the one all bent about graphic descriptions of men having anal sex according to his appparently quite enthusiastic imagination.

Not sure where he figured *****es came in, but he was in fact spouting insanity and some kind of Biblical scat fetish at my little girl. And, yes they called *my* house 'obscene' in the media. And still do. Looking back I sometimes wonder how I had the patience not to crack his crown with my good ash staff. But here we are.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-18-2011 at 08:21 PM.
05-18-2011, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

I think you overestimate the percentiles. What I *do* know is it's people talking like him and you that took my daughter from me and won't let me have any peace in life ever since. Over some rationalization of 'procreation.'
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're sick my friend.
Get some help.
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're sick my friend.
Get some help.
No, I *will* take it the 'wrong way' cause you're advocating very real mistreatments of *very real people* and expecting everyone to just shut up cause you say 'Procreation' and expect that to make yourself oh-so-righteous, no matter how much pain you cause to others.

Apparently you think it makes someone 'sick' to even *mention* how LGBT people and our families *are actually treated* *By the very premises you insist upon here.*

I'm not 'sick,' dude. Heartsick. Hurt, angry as a lioness, betimes, yes.

But not cause of 'Sex' ... Rather, cause of what *you* insist people should do to each other. Which really does actually happen, deny it or not.

And it's not so pretty as you think it 'should' be. Nor near so righteous as you claim it is.

Them's the breaks.

So, tell me, wise theologian, why am I the 'sick' one? I assure you, I was treated *exactly* in the way you advocate here... Are you telling me now that's not so *healthy?* Perhaps it's *not* but apparently I shan't have a thing to say about it, shall I?

I mean, hey, just on the off-chance I'm not personally-responsible for your systemic sexual damage, you can call me what you like, but I suspect it won't change much.

Will it.

I mean, hey, you're the one scared of some muddy chick in a bikini. Who knew.
(Apparently, in my role as 'resident lezzie' all I can say of some of your examples is, is, the lighting's uninteresting and while it's the actual custom in my tribe for betrothed couples to coat themselves with mud, usually swathed in wool, linens, and velvet: ie, finery: Come to think of it, bikinis are never involved there, anyway.... at least it's supposed to seem to be a surprise) it's *really* not intended to be sexual per se, so I'm still wondering what you're trying to be indignant about here, JohnBee.)

Anyway, it's *not* sick to be sad for lost friends or angry for lost daughters, Johnbee. Honestly, I may not always be a model of *composure* about it, but there'd be something wrong with me *indeed* if I didn't *feel* about what I've been through.

But some have said otherwise before. See my video clip about it.

What *is* sick, I venture to guess, Johnbee, is lacking any human compassion *about* it. It's been a bit of a rough lifetime, and I'm sure I'd have to be some kind of sociopath to not be a little crazy by now. But crazy's better than lazy, when it comes to what you're trying to sell. I'm sure I'd have made a very *fine* sociopath, Johnbee, but I've always said I'd rather hurt than lose my soul as some ask. And I assure you I've been hurt. A lot. So it is.

So I'm here asking you to recognize your *own* humanity, if not mine. Cause, yes, what you say hurts people. In reality. I've lived this. I'd kind of rather not live it again, but I'm prepared to do so.

Meanwhile, it's just you me and the chickens, right? What would you like to see now, JohnBee? As much as ou say 'procretion' *of course* I'm crazy on this point. My daughter wasn't my birth daughter, but I'd give *anything* (And I swear to the Gods I didn't have much and she just didn't care. Anything, ....only problem I guess was then as now it just wasn't enough for someone else's comfortable ideas. )

She's an adult in her own right, now. You have theories, words, demands, *I lost my child.* I was maybe too young twenty years ago, but it's not abstract. If I said there was a way to *not* be crazy about that, I'd be lying, even if some say that's the 'lot in life' of someone like me. Yes, it hurt. A lot. Still does.

And you, boyo, can say 'Procreation' till you're blue in the face, but I gather you won't ever know what it's like to be some random punk off the street and hiding from various people not mentioned and the whole world may be calling you names, but some little girl says, 'You're going to be my other Mommy' .....and it's not even a question.

I reserve the right to be crazy on this point, if any, though. You have some abstract idea and think I'm 'crazy' for *losing my daughter cause of what you say.*

I second-guess myself *all the time,* but... I loved my daughter, young punk I was,
Actually couldn't do anything about it in the face of some bigotries and realities, (Not to mention the fact that the health problems that vex me now were kinda supposed to be terminal round about that time. I supppose I did in fact die, but it didn't take. )

And....

I'd be crazy *not* to be upset about that. Dig?

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to suggest there's some more enlightened manner I should greet straight supremacists insisting on the right to break up families cause they think their God said so, I'm all ears. Cause twenty years after *that* sob story, my sweetie and I just want a home.

Perhaps, though... I'm not the crazy one here. Just a little twitchy. I didn't get all this *wonderful* PTSD sitting on my arse, I assure you. I live with it every day, but it seems *you're* the one in all kinds of denial, Johnbee.

Do you know how people 'like me' live? What we fear? Do you have *any* idea? Any clue at all?

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-19-2011 at 12:59 PM.
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #23
Inactive Account

There are a few things at play here. The first is that it is so marketable as even people who aren't generally interested in politics are interested in sex. The second is that everyone loves to see a hypocrit like Osama, Elliot "Mr. Clean" Spitzer, or any gay republican or bible thumper. The third is the crime drama which usually accompanies the story like with the DSK, Elliot Spitzer, or David Vitter. The final thing is that so often these stories come up on slow news days so of course you get the full court press on the other hand if they come up with a ton of other stuff going on like right now they can serve as a way to pull the wool over the public's eyes while moves are being made on stuff that really matters.
05-20-2011, 06:13 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I leave this thread with the following observation:

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, due to the American publics excessive greed/need for this type of story has been placed in the position of being GUILTY until he proves his innocence. If he is able to do that, just think how much this will have cost him - never mind the internal trauma!

The worst thing is that nobody from the public sex story, frenzy, team would care less - life continues to move on! There is always the next case.

If he is proven guilty he will then deserve what ever punishment is given to him and this will not be referenced to the frenzy/trauma he has endured prior to that conviction.

If he is found not guilty - PUT YOURSELF IN HIS SHOES!

I am also aware that nobody would give a damn and nobody would believe that result - it will be because "he can afford high priced lawyers".

Lets move on to the next such case - life goes on!

Now imagine that you, yourself, are being forced to deal with this same issue.

Last edited by stevewig; 05-20-2011 at 08:05 AM.
05-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
Veteran Member

This is exactly what happened to Michael Jackson. No actual proof he ever did anything wrong, ever, but to this day he's seen as a pedophile. He's not guilty in a court of law but in the court of opinion he was tried and found guilty and sentenced to a life of everlasting shame that likely contributed to his addictions and finally his death.

It probably won't matter if the man raped anyone or not. He'll likely lose everything anyway. The court may keep him out of prison, but it can't keep him away from the mob even if he isn't guilty.
05-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I have to ask some questions regarding Dominique about the sexual harassment scandal. why is it only now, in all his years as an MIF chief that he got seriously involved in this kind of a scandal? there were previous reports that suggest that this is not the first time that he got involved in such a criminal offense. there were reports that his lawyer rebutted that there was no crime but rather a consensual sex? why such alibi is used? the fact that the victim is Muslim which by norm/standards would be much more conservative rather than a hooker which he could had chosen to pay? and the woman is an immigrant and has kids to finance. I'm not sure but it is highly unlikely considering the circumstances that played out which a woman would readily accuse or report a man of such a crime, just a few hours after he left the hotel he was in, if this was all a conspiracy. does the woman knew who Dominique is? if this was an extortion, don't we think that the woman would be better off blackmailing him rather than tarnish the man's reputation and get paid for it? whether guilty or not, a person like Dominique would try to save-face.

I'm aware how the media could easily distort the truth or atleast make things worst, but we have our own doubts and opinions and questions we would like to be answered.

it could go both ways, it either the media could destroy a good man's reputation or it could expose a bad man's wrongdoings. at the end of the day, it is the public that would render their own judgement.

on a side note, I did believe from the start that O.J. was the murderer eventhough it was proven by technicality that he wasn't.
05-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #27
Veteran Member

This kind of thing's much more about *power* than sex, Pentaxor: whether or not others in power choose to look the other way or stoke indignance is part of the same 'game.'

I'll be the last one to downplay what sexual violations and abuses actually *do,* but when it comes to politics like this...

Well, it's just kind of a different matter.

Even the *indignant* tend to think it's about sexuality, rather than rape not being *sex,* but rather just another, if horrible, part of the *beatings.*

Whatever the Hel this is about, just cause the *media* plays up the 'sex' doesn't mean the dude didn't (allegedly) smack someone up and down the halls of some motel in the process. That's *not* sex, despite what the media says, even if he also used other bits to do it.

Does probably illustrate just how certain authoritarian cultures are *confused* on this point, of course.

Assuming there's any truth to the story, it just sounds like another case of some kind of *rage,* you know? Yeah, 'Sex' got involved cause they're the *same thing* to some types. But it's not about *sex.* That's not what sex *is.* That's something else some call it 'righteous' to turn it into.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-24-2011 at 08:57 PM.
05-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Without sex none of us would be here. It's the most powerful primal urge we humans have the need to procreate (or at least have as many orgasms as we can manage) and everyone always wants to know how their neighbor's are doing it. Sex is also religion's last big taboo. If you're "only" not doing it in your own bed with your religion's fully approved spouse preferably for pro-creative purposes? Then it's fair game talking about it, or at least that's what some people seem to think.

Personally I don't care what other people do sexually so long as it's all consenting adult humans involved. It's not my business. I don't want to know what my politicians do that way, or any other kind of celebrity either. I wish they'd shut up about it actually, about whose f-in who, all the time, but I'm a realist too. Sex sells. Always has, always will. So me being bored over every little scandal won't change much...
05-25-2011, 06:13 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Without sex none of us would be here.
well, without sex and Pentax cameras anyway
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Somehow these topics always drift into other areas and I guess there is nothing wrong with that because that is normal in every conversation.

However the Original Posting never did get answered very clearly by anyone:

Media and sex obsession:
Why is the media so obsessed with sex stories.

I am talking here about obsession as opposed to legitimate news stories.

When a good juicy sex story appears (and there has been a few recently) the total media circus is “all over it”. In some cases it replaces all other news and in other cases the main news stories take second or third place. Then comes the endless analysis.

Are we the reason, is it us who demand this type of information. Are we obsessed and titillated by these stories or is it the media believing or assuming that we are obsessed by them?

The next stage is the never ending magazine front pages splashing the stories into our eye balls from the store cash desks.

Additionally to the OP was the fact that the accused in these cases is always assumed guilty until proven otherwise and that is clearly the case here.