Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Nope. That conclusion has nothing to do with asking the question about Sumner Redstone.
I thought the question was who is producing stories glamorizing people who make bad life decisions, specifically "teen mom."

The owner of the network doesn't usually have that much interest in getting down into the weeds of what the program does, but Mr. Redstone does seem to favor liberals/democrats more than he does conservatives/republicans.

I also looked up the producers who do have a better grip on what the show is promoting and presenting to the audience. Only one had made political contributions and that was to Obama.

I said it was liberals because most of the stories I read or see where they present the story of someone who has screwed up their life and the criticism of the situation is directed at the government for not helping them come from liberal/left-leaning outlets. Its hard to pinpoint responsibility from the vantage point of a reader but obviously that type of narrative is condoned by the editors and the authors.

05-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #32
Veteran Member

And this has to do with fiat currency how?????
05-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Any time Mike gets the chance to jump on those nasty, dishonest, freeloaders who have purposely misbehaved just so they will have less ....
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM   #34
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I thought the topic du jour was examples of who would feel the impact of reduced welfare spending. I am just trying to expose some of the PR to Policy life cycle that has gotten our country to the sorry state we are in.

05-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I thought the topic du jour was examples of who would feel the impact of reduced welfare spending
Actually, it was the impact of reduced social spending. Not all of it is welfare
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I thought the topic du jour was examples of who would feel the impact of reduced welfare spending. I am just trying to expose some of the PR to Policy life cycle that has gotten our country to the sorry state we are in.
ACTUALLY it was the banks ect. that got us in this SORRY STATE, and 2 now 3 wars.. but why bother with facts.. more fun to pick on the poor.
05-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #37
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Actually, it was the impact of reduced social spending. Not all of it is welfare
Actually it was about the effects of decreasing gov spending in general. Each dollar not spent is one fewer dollar being used by some to buy raw materials or pay wages or pay taxes.

It probably doesn't matter much if that government spending is on government employees because they also buy food, pay rent, see the doctor, etc.
05-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #38
Site Supporter

Greed has gotten us into the sorry state we are in. The fish has been rotting from the head down for about 30 years. By the time the attitude has gotten down to the people you feel are rightly deprived by less federal spending, the serious damage has long been done.

The HBO movie Too big to Fail last night hit some interesting highlights on that line. Wall Street caused this mess, and then came to the government with a blackmail note.

10-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Update

Great news... The adult baby has been cleared of social security fraud and will continue to receive our tax dollars. You can all rest easy tonight knowing the system worked. In fact if you can rest easy enough that you wet your bed and the government will start sending you monthly checks for your contribution to society.

Man living as an 'adult baby' is cleared of Social Security fraud - Washington Times
10-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you wet your bed and the government will start sending you monthly checks for your contribution to society.
Perhaps your sickest statement yet.
And still no comment on corporate fraud.
I guess you really are a troll.
10-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #41
Site Supporter

Great news... The adult baby has been cleared of social security fraud and will continue to receive our tax dollars. You can all rest easy tonight knowing the system worked. In fact if you can rest easy enough that you wet your bed and the government will start sending you monthly checks for your contribution to society.

Man living as an 'adult baby' is cleared of Social Security fraud - Washington Times
Why don't you offer him a job if you think he is qualified for work?
10-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #42
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Why don't you offer him a job if you think he is qualified for work?
I wouldn't want to hear excuses like "I'll be in to work late because I wet my bed" or "I need to go home and change my clothes because I just crapped my pants and it spilled out of my diaper." I get my fill of that stuff with my actual baby babies at home without dealing with an adult baby. Maybe he should run for congress, they all seem like a bunch of adult babies.
12-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #43
Inactive Account

Lifestyles of the rich and "disabled":

QuoteQuote:
However, federal documents obtained by KING 5 News show the couple currently receives more than $1,200 a month in public housing vouchers, plus state and government disability checks and food stamps. They have been receiving the benefits since 2003.

The 2,500 square-foot home, which includes gardens and a boat dock, is valued at $1.2 million. And even though the couple has been receiving the benefits for nearly 10 years, records show that they accurately listed the address of their current home when applying for the state and federal benefits.
Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

If she was so intent to mooch off the government, this woman should have moved to Washington state instead of Texas.
QuoteQuote:
After two hours of negotiations, the woman allowed the male supervisor to go free, but she remained in the office with her two children, a 10-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl.

"About 11:45 last night, she hung up the phone with negotiators, and a little bit later, negotiators heard three shots," Baeza said on Tuesday. "What had happened was that she had shot each of her children once and herself once."

The children were airlifted to a hospital in San Antonio in extremely critical condition, he said. The mother was dead at the scene, he said.

Baeza said the woman, who was from Ohio, arrived in Laredo about eight months ago and had lived with her children in several locations around the border city of 236,000.
Woman denied food stamps kills self, shoots children - Yahoo! News

Of course the real shooter here is Rick Perry and for denying her food stamps, this is a tragedy but someone I don't want to blame the lady for shooting her kids and killing herself because she is a victim of the system and that hostage taking terrorist tactics were totally justified.
12-07-2011, 10:56 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lifestyles of the rich and "disabled":

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

If she was so intent to mooch off the government, this woman should have moved to Washington state instead of Texas.
Yes, greedy millionaires *cheat,* what else is news? That's no case for claiming, 'See, the poor are living high on the hog!' which seems to be your implication.

QuoteQuote:
Woman denied food stamps kills self, shoots children - Yahoo! News

Of course the real shooter here is Rick Perry and for denying her food stamps, this is a tragedy but someone I don't want to blame the lady for shooting her kids and killing herself because she is a victim of the system and that hostage taking terrorist tactics were totally justified.

You're certainly showing neither compassion nor understanding when you attack the character of anyone having trouble feeding their children in the *first* place. Yes, that can drive people *nuts* on a very basic level. *Especially* when you've got Big Money, Big Religion, Big Corporate Media and Big Political Lobbying constantly trying to hammer on the idea that being poor is a character flaw of itself and to blame for all the country's woes, even to *ask* for help feeding those kids, never mind be denied it.

That wasn't 'terrorist tactics,' that was someone on the edge of a family-annihilation killing. That's a *product* of your ideology, not a justification for it.

Pushing all the stress *downward* actually means it affects real people, whether they're entirely together or not. You seem to think that blame-pushing and moralistic accusations make it OK to do these things to people, then say 'This proves they deserve it! Suffering will improve your character while we cut your jobs and raise your prices and discriminate at will, ' ... when it *breaks someone.*

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 12-07-2011 at 11:02 AM.