Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Is he the one that turned the water into a lager rather than wine?
something like that, it would have been more impressive if he had turned it into single malt scotch.

05-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Despite numerous scriptures in the New Testament that say no one knows the time of Christ's return, every few years there is another prediction and failure. When the time comes all the other stuff won't matter anymore. The statements in the quotes are a little disturbing and show some examples of bad parents. Who doesn't want the best for their kids? I worked night shifts and overtime for years so my kids would be educated and might be able to make the world a better place in their time. I hope nobody looks at these people and assumes that is what the Christian faith is.
05-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Despite numerous scriptures in the New Testament that say no one knows the time of Christ's return, every few years there is another prediction and failure. When the time comes all the other stuff won't matter anymore. The statements in the quotes are a little disturbing and show some examples of bad parents. Who doesn't want the best for their kids? I worked night shifts and overtime for years so my kids would be educated and might be able to make the world a better place in their time. I hope nobody looks at these people and assumes that is what the Christian faith is.

Well, I think people do know better, but this apocalyptic thing, with or without specific dates, does in fact affect people's treatment of kids and the future: it sure isn't weighing decisions for the seventh generation to come, exactly.

I dunno, maybe these periodic freakouts constitute a pressure valve of sorts, though I do worry this time it's going to get some people hurt.

The last couple of times they tried something like this, they really did up the crazy factor in some neighborhoods, but not much seemed to come of it after the fact. I have to admit I'm a little more apprehensive that this time they'll be looking for someone to blame when it doesn't happen, or they'll have the Net to spread rumors it *did,* etc, etc.

Pretty irresponsible, I think, however big their following. Already had a visit from some stray puppies, which happens from time to time, but one can't help but wonder if some 'believer' turned em out. (Sensible enough move, I suppose, if someone actually did expect so: beat the rush, and who doesn't love puppies? I know I do. )

Anyway, I don't know what kind of following they actually even have, but treating the world and children as if there's no future is really what irks *me* about the whole thing, specific dates or not.
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Either way, it's the end of the word as they know it.

05-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I really don't get end times people. I really just don't.
05-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #21
Site Supporter

They never discovered the joys of Takumars?
I know I like mine.........
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
They never discovered the joys of Takumars?
I know I like mine.........

Yeah, I dunno what they see in this whole 'End of the World' thing. So far my favorite part is the wandering puppies, which if they wanted to do this door to door thing, they shoulda just sent the puppies in the first place, and saved all that shoe-leather, doomsaying, and unpleasantness.

05-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yeah, I dunno what they see in this whole 'End of the World' thing. So far my favorite part is the wandering puppies, which if they wanted to do this door to door thing, they shoulda just sent the puppies in the first place, and saved all that shoe-leather, doomsaying, and unpleasantness.
What is 'the wandering puppies'? Have to admit I've been working/playing too much to even be aware of these wackos. Do they have a forum or website where they're in full meltdown right now? Sometimes these things are fun to visit, kinda like the greenspun Y2K forum on 12/31/1999

05-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
What is 'the wandering puppies'?

I was talking about actual puppies on the loose this morning. Juvenile canines, in the flesh. Came to my door, being puppies. I gave them water, many ear-skritches, and somewhat facetiously-speculated that some Christians might have turned them out in anticipation of their Apocalypse, but I was just happy to see puppies.
05-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

woke up this morning....the Armageddon Echidna hasn't showed himself yet...
05-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
woke up this morning....the Armageddon Echidna hasn't showed himself yet...
Dimmesdale...

To be very honest, I attract small animals: had a fledgling birdie, a couple possums, and an armadillo drop by just this past week. Stray puppies are just fun.
05-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well according to harold camping there are going to be massive earthquakes signalling the rapture and according to camping, these earthquakes are going to be so powerful they will throw the deceased out of their graves. So we are looking at a 12 on the Richter scale - amounting to the same energy released from 100 teratons of TNT
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
Veteran Member

well according to harold camping there are going to be massive earthquakes signalling the rapture and according to camping, these earthquakes are going to be so powerful they will throw the deceased out of their graves. So we are looking at a 12 on the Richter scale - amounting to the same energy released from 100 teratons of TNT
Well, day-umn. No one said this was supposed to be a *Zombie* apocalypse! They just want us to do *everything,* don't they. Take care of puppies (no burden) pull em out of collapsed *buildings* and kiai myself hoarse at the revenant corpses of their dead ancestors? What next?

After all these years of trying to live peace, if I have to take my katana down out of the thatch I'm going to become crabby. Inconsiderate, that's what this is.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 05-20-2011 at 09:47 PM.
05-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

good thing I keep a kukri on my nightstand...
05-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #30
Veteran Member

good thing I keep a kukri on my nightstand...
Well, that probably won't do you much good. Takes some swinging, that, which is hard to do in bed. But, I dunno, I used to love the blade-dance and it mostly just sickens me now. All zombie jokes aside, I just don't think anyone can scare me enough to want to use one again. Gods willing, I won't have to.

Sticks work, though.
Closed Thread