Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I think Camping based his predictions on the recent earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis, tornadoes, floods, landslides, forest fires, drought, other weather anomalies (extreme bad winter/rainy/dry weather), pollution, global warming, war, civil unrest, world chaos/anarchy, world economic turmoil

Don't forget Gay marriage - there are quite a few religious wingnuts that have said to their followers that enabling gay marriage will make god so super,super angry at us, he will destroy us all and take no one to heaven.

05-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Don't forget Gay marriage - there are quite a few religious wingnuts that have said to their followers that enabling gay marriage will make god so super,super angry at us, he will destroy us all and take no one to heaven.

Gotta say, imagine living with that absurdity all your life, too.

All the greed and hatred in this so-'pious,' (Yet uncannily-profitable, in a feudal sort of way) world, and they're trying to claim their God's gonna nuke the country over me not pretending to be straight and fertile... Yeah, all this and their God's supposed to be world-ending, city-nuking mad, cause, of all things, we'd like to nest and have a cuddle in peace by now.

The world's got problems, but I don't think failure to hurt me and my dearest enough is one of them.
05-26-2011, 09:23 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Re: site with scary parents.

You know what they call that in many jurisdictions?

"Probable cause".

Just not often enough.
05-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
The crap spewing from Camping and his followers are not coming from the Bible. He's another who claims to have new revelations. Actually, he is the fulfillment of a prophesy concerning the many false prophets who will come to lead the world astray.
So many of the really toxic aspects of religion come not from reading scriptures (be it Christian or other), but from just accepting what someone else says about them. My personal opinion is that if people just read their scriptures themselves, engaged in give and take with others about what they understand, and formed their own conclusions, the world would be a lot better off.

There is no mention of "rapture" in any widely used bible before the 19th century. There is no mention of this entire detailed set of predictions in Christian literature before the 19th century. 18 centuries of Christians and Christian scholars did not read the bible this way. Today, the vast majority of believing Christians around the world do not read the bible this way, let alone predicting exactly when it will happen. It is hard to say that this conclusion is required by the words in the Bible.

Closed Thread