06-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
Can I have yours then?
Only if you want to work for it.

Wait.

Sorry.

Forgot you're union. You want to strike for it. Work is a four letter word.

06-07-2011, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #78
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tuna Tube T asks............Did I hear that right John?

You want to pay in currency you consider useless?
Then take a cheap shot too?

I guess it's true.
Once you go Galt, it's someone else's fault.

You still can't show ONE recall caused by worker error.
All were caused by management error.
So by your reckoning all management should be fired.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
06-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Shoozie, when designers mess up it constitutes a recall. When workers mess up they're just a "lemon" One worker will in general only mess up in a shift or 2. But they do mess up. Some more than others. But thanks to the union negotiators most can't get the axe.

Nice picture Shooz.

06-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #80
Site Supporter

Prove it John.
I watched lots of folk get fired, for F****n up.
you just state a lie.

You've given NOTHING but hearsay.

I guess that's what Galt is all about.
06-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #81
Site Supporter

You ever gonna tell me how you heard that the UAW made lemons John?
06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If the design and engineering of a mass produced product is bad: recall, or other remedy. All the samples are bad and share the same fault.

If the design and engineering are up to snuff, but production tolerances are loose, quality control is faulty, and the engineering of the line is overly optimistic, you get sample defects, aka lemons.

Humans will make errors. A lot has to do with the workplace and how it is set up. With good cooperation between management, engineering, and labor you can get quality improvements - the old Japanese miracle method

Labor unions are not a one sided thing - they became necessary due to management approach and attitude towards workers. Defects are the fault of management that isn't paying attention to the details as much as it is the fault of the worker.

06-09-2011, 01:37 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Humans will make errors.
Thing is with union humans they come in hungover or they didn't get any last night or they don't feel good or whatever. Best reason for robotics. They never get tired they don't drink they don't worry about sex they don't have personal issues (software yes). And they'll work for a long time between "oil changes".

Or if we really need humans to do the work just outsource it to china. True all the product may not work all the time but it's so cheap who really cares? And you don't have to put up with union thugs.
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #84
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
John, take out 'union' and put in American Worker of Any Kind. Surely union workers aren't the only ones who come in hungover and who worry about sex -- otherwise, where would all the baby right wingers come from

I took the liberty of correcting you:

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnInIndy Quote
Thing is with humans they come in hungover or they didn't get any last night or they don't feel good or whatever. Best reason for robotics. They never get tired they don't drink they don't worry about sex they don't have personal issues (software yes). And they'll work for a long time between "oil changes".

Or if we really need humans to do the work just outsource it to china. True all the product may not work all the time but it's so cheap who really cares? And you don't have to put up with American Worker thugs and the confiscation of wealth by the health care industry.
Now you're starting to sound like a good big company plutocrat